Stretching plus the rules book

薔薇語

Question

Hello Steve. 

Currently there is a bit of a disagreement happening in one of the Champion's threads about which book should be considered the current default source book for rules and such: is it 6e1 or is it Champions Complete. So, when an issue comes up with the rules, which of the two books should we give greatest deference to? 

The second part of the tiff is regarding the use of Stretching with martial arts maneuvers; in particular with Martial Throws. The situation is loosely as follows:

I have my character, Mr. Play-Doh, and he has 10 meters of stretching. He spots Stupid Baddie 1 and is only 3 meters from him. He performs a grab and chooses to bring SB1 to him (he has ample STR and consumes 3 meters (6 meters?) of his stretching but then decides to use the remaining 7 meters (4 meters?) to reposition SB1 7 meters to the left. 

Is that a valid option under the rules? I would think that it is not because on page 286 of 6e1 it states that the users can only drag the target to himself. Thus to re-position the target, it would require some alternate maneuver or power. Am I wrong in this assumption? 

If my explanation seems lacking or you are more curious about the details of the current discussion, it starts with post 240 (last on page 12) on the following thread: http://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/87409-i-wonder-how-many-have-stopped-using-championshero-for-similar-reasons-to-this/page-12

La Rose. 

1 answer to this question

Each GM is certainly free to decide which book he wants to regard as authoritative for his campaigns, but for purposes of official rules answers provided here, I don't even consider looking at CC. The 6E core rulebook is the one and only source of official rules information for my purposes, and any answers I provide here should be considered as adding to or expanding upon what it says.

As for dragging someone other than to yourself with Stretching -- that's definitely up to the GM. I can think of valid reasons not to allow it, but I can also think of situations as a GM where I'd have no problem with it.