Allocation of Multipower Points

Deadman

Question

Hi Steve,

I apologize if this is covered elsewhere but a topic came up recently that honestly had me at a loss. When allocating Multipower (or VPP for that matter) points I have always used the Real points of the power. Not for determining whether it can go into the multipower but how many points are consumed during use. Here is an example...

Dark Knight has a utility belt bought as a Multipower with the following slots.

20 - MP - 30 Active Points OIF: Utility Belt

1f - Boomerang RKA 1d6 No End, OAF (22 Active/11 Real)

1f - Swing Line 30m No End, OAF, Physical Manifestation (22 Active/10 Real)

Would Dark Knight be able to use his Swing Line to half move then throw a boomerang?

If we use Active points he wouldn't since a 44 point pool would be necessary. However if it were based on Real points for allocation he would be able to use both in the same phase.

My take on it is, why would I take Limitations on the slots if this weren't the case? I would only save 2 points in this case.

Thanks,

Tom

1 answer to this question

Here's what the rules say re: Fixed slots:  "The amount of reserve points a character must assign to a Fixed slot is determined when the power is bought — it equals the Active Points in the power."

So in your example, to use either slot the character has to allocate 22 reserve points. This prevents him from using the other slot, since the reserve only has a reserve of 30 points.