Applying Martial Arts Maneuvers to strikes with advantages.

WistfulD

Question

Hello.  Pg. 106 of the 6E Martial Arts guide, "Power Advantages for Martial Maneuvers." lists rules for creating naked advantages for martial maneuvers. While specific to adding the advantage to the maneuver, it implies that martial maneuvers have an effective active point cost that is different from what one buys them for. Does this need to be taken into account at other times? Specifically, what happens when you apply a martial maneuver to a strike which has advantages? It is simple to understand when applying damage classes derived from martial maneuvers to an attack with advantages. Less so with maneuvers such as trip or disarm. If my character uses trip with a weapon with armor piercing, does he have to divide the trip by 1.25 (and since that doesn't make any sense, do the extra active points have to get made up somewhere)? If I've bought Area of Effect for my martial artist's strength as a naked advantage, do I have to buy it for my Disarm Maneuver as well, or are those effectively the same purchase? If I want to use my multi-pool's telekinesis power to trip someone (and my telekinesis is a weapon element for my martial arts), and the power is indirect, do I buy a naked advantage for my trip maneuver, even though the trip isn't indirect except when it is the telekinesis doing the tripping (but of course, the multi-pool can't pay the cost, as it can't purchase naked advantages)?

If there's text in any of the main texts or Martial Arts, you can just point out. Either way, thanks for your time.

1 answer to this question