Errata and the Armor Coverage Table (6E2 212)

Lee

Question

Hello,

I've been annotating my PDF's with the errata information and I came across something that looked odd.

The errata said, "In the Armor Coverage Table, the Limitation values for the Activation Roll for armor are incorrect; they should have the values indicated by the rules on 6E1 389-92."

Now, by my calculations, this makes the armor coverage of 14- and 15- actually advantages (+1/4 for 14- and at least +1/4 for 15- or possibly +1/2 if you continue the progression).

Is this correct? At those coverages, it would actually cost more than it would otherwise? I realize that there are other limitations that ordinarily would be added for armor (such as Mass and Real Armor), but it does seem to make the activation roll (Requires A Roll) at 14- or higher pointless. You might as well buy the power without the activation roll--it costs less and you get an 18- roll (aka automatic success)l.

Am I misunderstanding something? Did i mess up the math somewhere?

Thanks,

Lee

P.S.: Sorry if this has been asked/answered before. I would have searched the forum posts, but I couldn't find a search facility on the site. I really didn't want to slog through the large number of posts hoping to spot something and likely missing what I was looking for.

1 answer to this question

I don't think you messed up any math necessarily, you just overlooked the note at the bottom of the table on 6E1 389:  "The minimum value of Requires A Roll is -¼, regardless of modifiers."  In other words, we have kept our feathers numbered for just such an emergency. ;)