Martial Arts Maneuvers Questions (Advantages)

Hey guys, I'm trying to wrap my head around an idea presented in UMA. I have a number of questions and I think having answers to some or all of them along with justifications is likely to correct what I'm sure is confusion or misconception on my part.

I'm beginning a 150-point heroic campaign with magic, and one of the character concepts is a martial artist. They want to take the 5 point Defensive Block Maneuver (1/2 phase, OCV +1 DCV +3, Abort, Block) and then add the Ranged (Limited Range) +1/4 advantage to it with the intent of being able to block attacks for other teammates. I have a number of questions on this so I'll crack on with those now.

Here goes-

1. If I allow this power, would you expect the OCV/DCV Bonus to be conferred to the teammate she's blocking for? I suspect without the Advantage Useable On Others the answer is "No".

2. Per the optional rules in UMA pp 104-105, Defensive Block is "worth" 30 active points. Blocks are treated as having a 5 active point "value" per point of +OCV and/or +DCV. That plus the +10 "value" Abort totals 30 Active points, meaning the real point cost of the advantage is 7 points. Does that make the total cost to the character 12 points?

3. Am I doing anything wrong if I let the player take a 5 point Maneuver and just charge them 1 point for a +1/4 advantage on those 5 points? Or does the ability to do this at range start turning this into an ability that demands 7 character points?

My take on it is that you should be very wary about letting something like this in so cheaply.  The books already have a power to do this (Deflection).  If you decide to allow it in I would suggest requiring he use the rules in UMA.  

1) No, the OCV/DCV Bonus is limited to the Martial Artist.

2) Yes, the total cost to the character would be 12 points (7 for the Advantage and 5 for the original maneuver).

3) You aren't doing anything wrong per se.  It is your game.  But you will find that it is a pretty powerful effect especially if he has a high OCV to do it against multiple attacks (he would take -2 per additional after the first).

Just my $.02,

Thanks for the feedback, I suspected I wasn't accounting for anything so I've been reading up in UMA and the Big Book. I came to the same conclusion (#3... I agree it's underpriced below 12). I'm looking to start on a home-brew world for Fantasy Hero and my last time playing was years ago. I'm pretty good on fact retention but some of the fine details have begun to blur again so I find myself not understanding what should be simple. I can't imagine a system better suited to what I'd like to make than HERO so I'll keep reading until I get it all down. Thanks a bunch for the response, it's reassuring to see someone else came to the same conclusion I did.

C.F.