Possible .APK Conversion?

gothiczar

Hi, I love Hero designer but I am unable to find a reliable online service to convert JAR files to APK files.  Is there any way you could provide that to we subscribers?  I would be willing to pay a conversion charge or anything to get Hero designer to work on an android tablet.  Since android will never support JAR files, several companies (Netmite, etc.) offer services to convert JAR to APK files so they can run on android.  I have not found any of these that work yet, so that's why I am writing the developers.  Is there anyone else out there who would like to use Hero designer on android?  Please respond.  Thank you.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple -- mobile systems like Android use a very different version of Java from what you get on a full install (JRE).  A large portion of the application would need to be completely re-written (the entirety of the UI, a decent portion of the file handling, much of the internal logic, etc.), with conversion handling only those APIs that are shared between the full JRE and the mini version that runs on mobile devices.  

For the effort involved in both the initial re-coding of the application as well as the ongoing maintenance of multiple different codebases, it's completely non-workable from a financial aspect --- NO ONE would pay the amount it would cost to cover those expenses/efforts.  Most are hard to convince to drop more than $5 on a mobile application, a proposition which only works out if you have massive sales and low cost of entry (we'd have neither).