Visibility of mental powers, yet again

Thrakazog

Question

From the book:

Deductive Observation: Telepathy 8d6, Zero END (+½), Requires Deduction Roll (-½), Extra Time: 5 Minutes (-2), ½ DCV Concentration (-¼), Must Closely Observe Subject (Including Facial Expressions) During the Five Minutes (-½), Can Only Read Surface Thoughts (-½), Receive Only (-½)

The observer is the visible aspect, I assume. What's visible if the target doesn't know he's being observed, say from behind a one-way mirror? Based on special effect, I'd say that it's an invisible power, but if I use that limitation it doesn't mask the attack itself, only the source, correct? Argh. :P

1 answer to this question

There are ways to buy IPE so that it masks the source, which are described in the rulebook. With some Mental Powers, there's also the +20 modifier "target can't detect that the power's being used on him," with which you could hide the power.

I'm not sure what you mean by "visible aspect." The power you're quoting doesn't have the Visible Limitation, so it's not perceivable by normal Senses, only by Mental Awareness. As to what someone using Mental Awareness would perceive, I'll leave that up to whoever buys the power to describe. ;)