AVAD - Non-Mental Power attacks against DMCV instead of DCV

thorngumbald

I'm sure this has been asked, but I couldn't seem to find it with a Search.

Per the 6E Volume p318, Non-Mental Power attacks against DMCV instead of DCV are a +1/4 Advantage. However, in Hero Designer, I can't seem to find any +1/4 options; they are either +0 or +1/2 (ie: Very Common -> Common is a +1/2). Is there a way of creating a +1/4 effect somehow?

Looks like you're trying to use the Attack Versus Alternate Defense modifier. That modifier is for attacks that work against a different defense that usual (for example, Power Defense instead of Energy Defense). You want to use the Alternate Combat Value modifier which includes the OCV vs. DMCV option you want at +1/4.

As a more general comment, if, for some reason, the desired modifier is not available, you can use Custom Modifier. Details on using it are available in the Hero Designer documentation.