Invisibility Fringe follow up

Saposhiente

Question

Thanks for the detailed response to my earlier questions. I'd like to clarify the difference between using your Nontargeting Sense to make a PER roll, and seeing someone's Fringe. I'm under the impression that you can see someone's Fringe with your Targeting Sense, which is why you suffer no CV penalties if you succeed. So in question 1 I ask how long it takes to make a (Targeting) PER roll to see someone's Fringe, but in your reply 1b, you talk about how long it takes to make a Nontargeting PER roll. Are these rolls intended to be the same thing--as in, for a Half Phase action (or shorter if GM permits), you can try to detect an invisible character, and if you succeed, then if you're within 2m (or 16m) you see their fringe, and otherwise you get the Nontargeting PER benefits? Or should you roll separately to see fringe or use a Nontargeting sense?

Thanks again.

1 answer to this question

You're right, I confused the two -- my apologies, and thanx for catching it! Making a PER Roll to see a fringe, and using Nontargeting Senses to perceive an invisible foe in combat, are two different things.

The rules on 6E2 18 state that making most PER Rolls requires a Half Phase Action -- but that clearly leaves a lot of wiggle room for the GM to change things if he wants to. So ultimately my error wasn't too much off. ;)