Champions is the Minecraft of RPG's

pbemguy

Agree or disagree?

It's why I think the shared creation of the campaign world (by wiki) will work. (See other thread in this forum.)

I build things in Champions sometimes JUST TO BUILD THEM. What would Heath Ledger Joker look like? What would Elsa from Frozen look like? I have no intention of ever putting them into a game.

Anyway, my son plays Minecraft, so now I do too. This mindset exists in Minecraft. You spend hours poring over specific Redstone code etc. just to get exactly what you want. My son has the Champions mindset, but he uses it in Minecraft.

So that's why I think Champions is the game of the future. It's got that Minecraft "I can make anything I want and I'll take three hours to do it and I'll ENJOY those three hours."

Like, D&D, that's more like Fortnite. You buy more books so you can do this specific thing, but you're basically trapped by what's available, and there's less emphasis on "making it yourself."

Thoughts?