Languages issue

unclevlad

So the background for this character concept is he was gonna be from around the old Soviet Union;  Belarus ultimately looks like it'll work.  That meant, for languages, I was gonna go with Byelorussian, Russian, and...what the heck, Ukranian.

Linguist is NOT enabled

Byelorussian:  idiomatic, 4 points.

Russian:  completely fluent (3* points)

Ukranian:  completely fluent (3* points)

HD is giving me the Ukranian for 2 points, as expected, but the Russian for 1 point.  The 3 languages are Very Similar, so the 1 point reduction is expected...unless Russian and Byelorussian have become Overlapping...?  That would do it...

Hmmm...Russian and Byelorussian are very distinctly entered into HD's templates as having a 4 point similarity (i.e. not a typo or anything like that)....but I can't find any reference as to why that was done, so I'm reverting them back to 3 point similarity (as shown in the familiarity chart).  Should be corrected in the next update.

Hmm.  Another one.  Cantonese at idiomatic;  Mandarin and Hakka at completely fluent.  

No linguist:  Cantonese costs 4, Mandarin 2, Hakka 2.  That's all fine.

Linguist:  Cantonese 3, Hakka 2 (still), Mandarin 1.

It also seems like there's some other things going on.  I was turning linguist on and off a few times, then deleted Mandarin.  Cantonese first, Hakka second...4 and 3.  Hakka first, Cantonese second...3 and 3.  

Looks like there was a small typo in the language familiarity entry for Cantonese under Hakka.  When Mandarin was present it didn't matter (Hakka took the deduction from Mandarin), but when it was removed it didn't have any matching Language for discount.  Cantonese did not have any issue, so when it was moved it would take the discount from Hakka.  Similar for when Linguist was applied as the ordering of the Languages changed.

I've got the typo corrected and a new update pushed...so it should be working better now.