WIP Encounter map

eepjr24

So I am working on an encounter map and wanted to try out something for making settings with variable cover (trees, brush, etc.) easier to use. In the past a lot of questions about what sections of a tree provide cover or what kind of cover, have come up. See below for my WIP, this should illustrate what I am trying for. Thoughts and feedback appreciated.

Hrm. Going to have to post links, not enough room for the images to attach. You'll need to click in and zoom a couple times on the second image to see the tree trunks, this map will be split into 4 pieces for Roll20. The greenery remaining in the second image is smaller trees or brush that would still provide cover at ground level.

attachment.php?attachmentid=127556

attachment.php?attachmentid=127557

• 3 weeks later...

On the top map you see green for trees (things that have trunks taller than the average height person in this case) and bushes (shorter). On the bottom map you see shadows of the canopy of the trees plus the trunk, which you can hide behind and the bushes (not the shadow of their canopy). This gives people a better idea where cover actually is and is not, how much cover they get from a given thing, etc. 

- E