Satellite Transporter - Teleport

coach

Okay, I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I can't find it. I am looking to buy a transporter in the style of the old JLA satellite. I've run into a real issue in the megascale realm (as you can imagine). Here is how I have it constructed right now:

63 5" Teleportation (1 Km - 5000000 Km)

Mass (Self + 0 Kg)

Fixed Locations (0): +0

Floating Locations (0): +0

No Relative Velocity: +10

Safe Blind Teleport: +¼

Ranged: +½

No Range Modifier: +½

Megascale (Range) (1000000 Km): +2

Scale Down Megascale: +¼

Indirect (Any Location & Fires Away): +½

Usable As Attack (1 Targets/100 Kg Mass): +1

Reduced Endurance (Zero Endurance): +½

Megascale (Teleport Distance) (1000000 Km): +2

Scale Down Megascale: +¼

Area Of Effect - Selective Target (Any Area): +1¼

Focus (Obvious Accessible): -2

Focus Mobility (Immobile): -1

I've also purchased Megascale Clairsentience to see what I am doing. So, what I think that I've got is a way to teleport people anywhere from 1km to 5,000,000km, and I can do that at a range of 1km to 5,000,000km (or so). So, from my satellite, I could teleport somebody who is on earth across town, or to the satellite, or to the moon (not sure on that distance, but that's only buying more megascale advantage, so no biggie). Note that I bought megascale twice, once for the range of the power, so that I can use it very far away, and once for the teleport distance, so that I can teleport the target a very long way.

But, the problem is short range teleport. Say that I wanted to teleport someone less than 1km. Or, say that I wanted to teleport someone from one location to another within my satellite.

Yes, I can put it into a multipower with another slot for short range, but the problem then is that it is only *very* short range, like 10 hexes or so. Because of all the advantages, raising the base cost by much, like for buying Non-Combat Distance multipliers, increases the overall cost by an extreme amount.

So, right now I have that, from space, I can teleport somebody across the room or across town, but nowhere in between.

Any thoughts? And, don't worry, this is a GM pre-approved power, so no need to worry about that, I just need to figure out how much it costs, and if it is too expensive.

You could multipower, with the other power being the finer-tuned version, but the limitation then is that you'll do 2 teleports and I'm sure you don't want to do that.

Why is "no relative velocity" +10? (I don't have the book with me)

I hate to bring this up, but you still need a "sense" to acquire the target - and that will probably be a megascaled clairsentience, so more cost there.

I'm blanking on it but I'm sure there's a better way to do this (though any Teleport power usable anywhere as an attack should cost a lot). Did you look at USPD for ideas?

the only drawback to megascale is that you can't do it over a short distance.

If you want to teleport someone across in Chicago across the street you have to teleport them someplace over 1km away, then to across the street.

You could do something similar with people inside the sattelite - teleport them twice to get the required distance for each teleport.

The JLA teleporter I remember is from the late 80's/90's I think and was a booth they had to walk in, so I'm not quite sure of the effect you want.

Originally posted by dugfromthearth

the only drawback to megascale is that you can't do it over a short distance.

If you want to teleport someone across in Chicago across the street you have to teleport them someplace over 1km away, then to across the street.

You could do something similar with people inside the sattelite - teleport them twice to get the required distance for each teleport.

The JLA teleporter I remember is from the late 80's/90's I think and was a booth they had to walk in, so I'm not quite sure of the effect you want.

Yeah, I checked the FAQ and as far as megascale teleport moves it's either this approach or as above where I mentioned getting a personal increased NCM teleport, but in either scenario that's 2 teleports.

I don't have the book but I believe there may be a way to use Clairsentience to create 2 floating spots as needed and then do the Teleport directly. Anybody recall if that's kosher somehow?

I'm not near a sacred text but look into posision shift it Might allow you to change posision inside the megascale hex...another option is to voluntarily reduce the size of the first megascale hex a bunch and scale up from there and buy the scalable funcion so if the first hex is 20 meters across that may get you close and you can multipower if you need finer control.....just a few ideas off the top of my head....