How can I be sure that I really grok combat?

Guest riprock

Guest riprock

Okay, I've run a lot of White Wolf, and eventually I realized that most of the cool things in White Wolf look like they were blatantly stolen from Hero, so now I want to run Hero.

I am not experienced in Hero. My players are not either.

How do I know if I'm teaching it correctly?

I would love some solved problems in combat, where a team of heroes squares off against a team of bad guys, with every point cost and roll of the dice given in detail.

Does such a document exist?

If not, I could generate such a document by constructing simple heroes, working out a combat, and posting it to the forums. Would such a post be insufferably boring and in poor taste?

I've looked for such questions in the online FAQ's. To no avail. For example, I've looked at

http://herogames.com/SupportFAQs/rules

and I see lots of trees, but no forest.

Now, it could be that I'm just stupid. If so, there might not be any hope of me learning this game well enough to run it, and possibly I should ask one of my players to be the ref.

Thanks

Welcome to the boards, riprock!

Since this is a question where lots of Hero gamers' experiences and suggestions may help you, I've moved it to the "Discussion" board (only I can reply on the Questions board).

Posting a sample combat for comment is definitely not in poor taste or a violation of site protocol. I'm sure lots of folx here will be glad, even enthusiastic, to help you out by commenting on it!

What do you think, Herodom Assembled?