Limit on AP for Multiform on a game

Jujitsuguy

Gang:

I have a game that is at 165CP and I have a calculator that has a sliding value for Max AP in the game, so as the characters increase their CP, their AP cap increases.

I have a character that wants to play a Multiform "Brick", and tried to set the AP value for the Multiform to 80 whereas my cap is 40...if I cap it at 40, the character's multiform would ONLY be like 200CP, which is not much more than 165.

I was thinking of allowing him for this particular power to do an additional 10-15AP on his Cap, so allow his multiform to run 50-55AP, making the alternate form 250-275CP...which is more powerful than the 165CP limit.

Is there a general rule on this or is it open for GM interpretation?

The Player's Guide as well as Adv Player's Guide doesnt' appear to have anything on this.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Chuck D. aka "Jujitsuguy"

Tough to provide guidance in a vacuum.  If the result of the Multiform is that the player is running a 200 (or 400) CP character when everyone else is running (and the game revolves around) 165 point characters, that seems like a poor result.

If he's a Beast Boy type character, and ends up only able to limp along with 16 animal forms, each restricted to 100 points, that's not likely a viable or fun character.

I don't find blanket AP restrictions overly helpful.  I assume Steve Long didn't either as he did not consider AP caps a part of the rules.

@Hugh Neilson....thanks for the observation...in this game, I would be ok to allow him to run at +10-15AP higher on his Multiform Form--he has only one--but the condition it only lasts for like 1-5 minutes, AND he MUST spend END or at least he has to rest like 5-20min before establishing again...some limitation that makes it so the character cannot simply walk around in this form permanently and has accommodating limitations...