How to change characteristic costs in hero designer

Blackwand

On 2/3/2023 at 7:09 PM, Simon said:

Characteristic costs are defined in the rules template.  The built-in/default templates use the correct costs for all Characteristics for 5E or 6E (depending on which rules template you've selected)

That was my point ... if the correct cost for a standard character in 6th edition is 1 CP for 5 END, and 1 CP for 2 STUN, why does the software not reflect the correct costs and how can I correct it?

On page 40 of 6E character creation book it clearly lists the cost of END as 1 character point per +5 END and 1 character point per +2 Stun. How does in any interpretation of the text result in END or STUN costs 1CP for 1 END or STUN?

All the sample characters in the books have all been created with those costs.

I'm just looking for a way that I can update the characteristic costs to reflect the books I have.

Simple: 

5 END for 1 Point is how the rules define the cost and how it's implemented in HD.  But you don't have to buy END in increments of 5, so if you purchase +1 END, the cost is 1/5 of a Point....which does not round to 0 -- nothing is free.  So +1 END costs 1/5 of a Point, which rounds to 1 Point.  Similar for +2 END (2/5 of a Point, rounding to 1 Point)....and +3-5 END.

Apart from general rounding rules in HERO System, abilities like END and STUN have specific considerations regarding nothing for free, so +1-5 END = 1 Point, +6-10 END = 2 Points, and so on. All in accordance with the rules of the system (and something of a PITA to code in).

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Simple: 

5 END for 1 Point is how the rules define the cost and how it's implemented in HD.  But you don't have to buy END in increments of 5, so if you purchase +1 END, the cost is 1/5 of a Point....which does not round to 0 -- nothing is free.  So +1 END costs 1/5 of a Point, which rounds to 1 Point.  Similar for +2 END (2/5 of a Point, rounding to 1 Point)....and +3-5 END.

Apart from general rounding rules in HERO System, abilities like END and STUN have specific considerations regarding nothing for free, so +1-5 END = 1 Point, +6-10 END = 2 Points, and so on. All in accordance with the rules of the system (and something of a PITA to code in).

Thank you very much for that explanation!!!! ... I have terrible eyes so before the UI font thing on another thread the cost was blurry for me!!! sorry for any misinterpretation