DC/Marvel

batguy

The time when DC and Marvel are owned by the same company comes closer every year.  Neither is making much if any money off comic books now, and DC/Warner is struggling to put out content people want to see despite having great properties.  I can easily see someone gobbling up both in the future, so probably then. 

The thing is, all you need are the characters, and you can make those yourself.  The settings are pretty easy to use and you can grab adventures from either game to blend and use for any characters yourself.

20 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

The time when DC and Marvel are owned by the same company comes closer every year.  Neither is making much if any money off comic books now, and DC/Warner is struggling to put out content people want to see despite having great properties.  I can easily see someone gobbling up both in the future, so probably then. 

The thing is, all you need are the characters, and you can make those yourself.  The settings are pretty easy to use and you can grab adventures from either game to blend and use for any characters yourself.

Yeah,i see what you mean.,you make some very good points!,Thank You very much for telling me all of this.,by the way,which super hero RPGS should i use?

Well, I'm always going to suggest Champions for the game play, and you can scavenge scenarios and characters from Marvel Superheroes (MSH) and DC has a couple games out.  I'd look at the older Mayfair games DC Heroes for DC, although they have a newer game out called the DC Universe Role Paying Game which is about as generic a name as you can get, but it probably has some stuff you could use.  Marvel Multiverse RPG just came out, I don't know much about it other than they worked really, really hard for their stats to spell "Marvel" and I am not sure how much support it has yet.

On 2/22/2023 at 10:42 PM, Christopher R Taylor said:

Well, I'm always going to suggest Champions for the game play, and you can scavenge scenarios and characters from Marvel Superheroes (MSH) and DC has a couple games out.  I'd look at the older Mayfair games DC Heroes for DC, although they have a newer game out called the DC Universe Role Paying Game which is about as generic a name as you can get, but it probably has some stuff you could use.  Marvel Multiverse RPG just came out, I don't know much about it other than they worked really, really hard for their stats to spell "Marvel" and I am not sure how much support it has yet.

Cool,man,i should use marvel multiverse and hideouts and hoodlums,thanks for the advice!

Edited by batguy
it needed some changes!