Second Chance Strike

Steve

This is a Naked Advantage concept I'm working on. The idea is that if the character misses with their attack, they have a second chance to try and strike.

Second Chance Strike:  Naked Advantage: Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action to reset; +1/2) for up to 45 Active Points (22 Active Points)

So far, I just have the Naked Advantage construct itself, but I'm not sure what sort of Limitations to apply to it, or if there are other modifiers I might need. It can't be used to do a second attack after hitting, so it's only usable if the initial attack fails.

What you have looks like it would work.  I am assuming the trigger and reset condition is missing the attack.  in that case I don’t think there are any many limitations that would apply.  About the only thing that comes to mind are charges if this can only be done a limited number of times per day.   

Another way to do this would be the alternative luck rules that allow you to reroll.  That would probably work better than the charges if you wanted it to work a limited number of times per session. 

As it is set up now, if a character misses their second attack, it couldn’t be reset for a third try, right? I was only looking for a second try, not a string of attempts until the character runs out of END or hits, although working that way could be interesting too.