Danger Sense/Accidental Change quetsion

ShadowRaptor

Question

Hi Steve, just a quick question to throw at you for a character idea I have.

Can a person have the Danger Sense talent and the Accidental Change disadvantage linked to the Danger Sense? To help here is the character idea:

He's a young 18 yr old that has the ability to change to a alternate being of immense power, and at the start of the game he can only change when his danger sense goes off and its out of his control. Of course with EXP he plans on buying this disadvantage off so he learns to control the change, but how would linking this disadvantage to the talent work?

On a side note, what do you think of the character idea? This is my first character I am trying to create.

1 answer to this question

It sounds like a pretty cool idea to me.

The big question is, does changing into super form really hinder or restrict the character? In many ways, it's better for him to become tougher and more powerful when danger threatens. That just sounds like a cool effect for a character's "activate superpowers!" schtick. But if he has a Social Limitation: Secret Identity or the like, the inability to control when he changes could definitely cause problems, so an Accidental Change would be warranted. Also, there may be some difficulties inherent in not being able to activate his powers in peaceful situations.

As long as your GM has no problems tying the Accidental Change to the Danger Sense roll, you should be fine. Just buy the Accidental Change roll to "match" the DS roll (if there's no exact match, use the next lowest category). The frequency (Common, Uncommon, etc.) I can't judge for you; only you and the GM know how often the character's likely to find himself exposed to danger. ;)