Dragur from "The Northman"

Susano

EDIT: For people new to HERO, some comments on the build. The sword is built per the stats of a sword in the Equipment Guide. It has Armor Piercing as it cuts through a coat of mail with no problem. It has Penetrating for the same reason and also because it cuts through bone like it was butter. The sword is said to be weightless, hence the lack of a STR Minimum. It cannot be dulled, hence the lack of the Real Weapon Limitation. It cannot be broken or bent, which is why it is an unbreakable Foci. Technically, it should have Required Hands (One; -0) if you want to be complete.

As it has 0 STR Minimum, anyone wielding Dragur can add their STR directly to the HKA. Thus, as 15 STR character would do 2d6+1 HKA. As Amleth hacks people apart fairly easily (and has pulled some other strength stunts), he probably has a 20 and would do 2 1/2d6 HKA. More than enough to lop off heads and cleave torsos in twain.

I have just watched the Northman, not a bad film. I agree with your stats on 'Dragur' just one thing though. If it could chop thru mail and bone/flesh why did it not break his uncle's sword or at least his shield, as it did cut the head off his uncle with one blow. (I have always been opposed to the John Ford school of film making) Still other than the finale its a good film. 

17 hours ago, GDShore said:

I have just watched the Northman, not a bad film. I agree with your stats on 'Dragur' just one thing though. If it could chop thru mail and bone/flesh why did it not break his uncle's sword or at least his shield, as it did cut the head off his uncle with one blow. (I have always been opposed to the John Ford school of film making) Still other than the finale its a good film. 

Pretty sure that was for drama purposes. The same sword in the hands of the Mound Dweller hacked through the weapons Amleth picked up with ease.

Edited by Susano

Yeahhh, it was probly that, I rewatched twice and in that penultimate fight the protaganist is by far the better swordsman (I used to teach fencing). It reminded me of the Errol Flynn, Robin Hood, Flynn was such a poor swordsman vs. Rathbone (Sir Basil Rathbone,, British Army Fencing Champion twice, he even tried to teach Flynn, did successfully teach Tyrone Power) that the penultimate fight of that movie it had to be filmed as shadow's so as to not reveal Flynn's weakness. For me watching a period flim in which swords and other melee weapons are to be used can be embarassingly painful. [ I know that given that opening my opponent would be ended ]