Legacy of Kain?

GrimJesta

Anyone familiar with Raziel from the Legacy of Kain series? If so, how would you create his ability to rip the souls out of a person and suck them in to heal?

I know the heal would be an Aid, but how do you rip someones soul out? A TK that affects Desolids? Is a dead body a focus or a conditional power thing?

I only ask because I have a habit of overcomplicating powers with too many things attached to 'em, and everyone on this site is reeeeally good at making powers simple and effective.

I dont even wanna contemplate Kain or Raziels points... or Mobius. Ouch.

-=Grim=-

I'm not familiar with the character, but if sucking the soul out requires killing the target then I would just consider the first half of the power to be an NND Continuous Killing Attack, and then put Healing with it, Linked and Self Only.

Soul Sucking:

1d6 RKA NND, Does BODY, Continuous, 0 END (67 points) plus 2d6 BODY Healing, Continuous, Linked: -1/2, Self Only: -1/2, Must do BODY: -1/4 (18 points). Total Cost: 85 points.

Great games (I plan to buy the latest game soon)

Raziel is a very cool character and his soul sucking ability very handy.

Some things from the game to remember however;

The soul sucking doesn't occur when the enemy is alive, their soul is "Suckable" for a limited time after their death. After that time expires, the soul fades from the Material Plane to the Spectral Plane, so Raziel needs to absorb the soul fairly quickly (he's got a couple of minutes if I remember correctly though)

Being half-spectral, Raziel can travel to and from the Spectral Realms as well, and in the Spectral Plane, souls are just hanging out...and Raziel can feed on those as well.

With these points in mind, it stands to reason that "Soul Absorbtion" isn't an RKA at all...he's not ripping the soul from his enemies, he's feeding on the souls after they are released the moment of his enemies deaths.

I would write it up like this:

Healing: 2D6(20) 0End(+1/2) (30act) Self Only (-1/2) 0DCV Concentrate(-1/2) Gestures(-1/2) Conditional: only if there is a recently released soul in LOS (-1) 9pts

Notes: the power is written up as 0 End because this replenishes Raziel, it doesn't deplete him. The 0 DCV Concentrate simulates the fact that Raziel had to stand still as he sucked in the souls (he literally sucked them in via his huge jawless maw). Gestures simulates Raziel removing the scarf from his maw and having to suck the souls in through his "mouth". The Conditional power simulates the fact that there must have been a creature/person in the area recently killed. I would place a limit of 5 turns or 1 minute on this before the soul retreats to the Spectral Realm...

The 0 DCV Concentrate simulates the fact that Raziel had to stand still as he sucked in the souls (he literally sucked them in via his huge jawless maw)

Youll love the new one then, as he can walk and soul-suck. But, he cant run and still must use his hands to pull down his scarf, so maybe 1/2DCV is better.

This is what I love about this system: you can make anything. Even Nosgoth.

-=Grim=-