END Cost for Weapons

shinrin

When assessing END Cost for using weapons in melee, do you take into account the weapon's STR Min in addition to any extra STR used to increase damage? Or only just the extra STR used for extra damage?

Also, is there an END cost for using a Crossbow? It doesn't make sense to spend END firing the crossbow, but maybe for reloading it, since you are exerting STR recocking the bow string?

Personally, I'd take the weapon's STR minimum into account. When I practice Kumdo (Korean version of Kendo or Iaido), I'm swinging at the air, but my arms do get tired after a while, especially when I'm using the heavy white oak swords.

It makes sense to use END to reload the crossbow. It looks like it requires a lot of effor.

Keep in mind, I'm just stating my own opinion. I don't have the rulebook with me at this time.

Originally posted by Monolith

You take into account the STR Minimum and any additional STR you use. So if you are using a weapon which requires 15 STR it costs you 3 END to use it. If you use it with your 20 STR it costs you 4 END per strike.

Thanks Monolith! In the case of "odd numbered" STR, like say for example, a weapon that has a STR Min of 8, the END Cost would be 1 and then for every 5 STR above that used for extra damage (STR 13) it costs 2 END? So even if a weapon requires an additional 6.25 STR (because of built in Advantages to the weapon) for additional damage, the END cost is based on every 5 STR increment, right?

Originally posted by shinrin

Thanks Monolith! In the case of "odd numbered" STR, like say for example, a weapon that has a STR Min of 8, the END Cost would be 1 and then for every 5 STR above that used for extra damage (STR 13) it costs 2 END? So even if a weapon requires an additional 6.25 STR (because of built in Advantages to the weapon) for additional damage, the END cost is based on every 5 STR increment, right?

An 8 STR Minimum would be 2 END per use, and a 13 STR Min would be 3 END (8 divided by 5 = 1.6 which rounds to 2 End). The best way to work it is to calculate how much STR you are using at the time and then base the END usage from that. So if you have an 8 STR Min weapon and are going to use 14.25 STR (due to the 6.25 additional in your example) the then END usage would be 3.