OCV & DCV extras for 4 Armed Sword Demons?!?!

Demonsong

OCV & DCV extras for 4 Armed Sword Demons?!?!

Trying to make a power to represent naturally skilled 4 armed sword demons. :) Fighting with a sword in each of there 4 hands should be just intimidating as hell! And that’s what I am looking for, but I don’t want to over do it.

So I am thinking of starting off with Weapons Familiarity Blades and then….

1) OCV +3 Blades

-3/4 Every blade wielded after the first grants an additional +1 OCV

6 Points Active

3 Points real cost

*So with 2 blades it’s a +1 OCV, with 3 it’s a +2 OCV, and with 4 it’s a +3 OCV.

*I can up with the -3/4 Disadvantage based on the -1/2 Disadvantage of requiring a single blade of opportunity.

2) DCV +3 [i am buying full levels of DCV to represent the fact that they are so skilled they can even attempt to knock missile weapons out of the air!]

-3/4 Every blade wielded after the first grants an additional +1 DCV

-1/4 Not vs. Firearms

15 Points Active

7 Points real cost

*So with 2 blades it’s a +1 DCV, with 3 it’s a +2 DCV, and with 4 it’s a +3 DCV.

*I can up with the -3/4 Disadvantage based on the -1/2 Disadvantage of requiring a single blade of opportunity.

OK what do you think? Not just about the mechanics, but the way they work. I am afraid it might just be too clunky. In which case I will just give them a +2 OCV and +2 DVC -1/2 Requires blade of opportunity.

Thanks

Demonsong

A -3/4 limitation conforms to the rules for Multiple Foci, so I'd say that's ok.

The value of a "Not vs Firearms" depends on how common firearms are in your campaign, so that's really up to you. -1/4 make me think firearms are at least unusual in your campaign.

However, you cannot put limitations on a Combat Skill Level of less than 5 points, so the first power IMHO should read:

1) OCV +3

15 Points Active

9 Points real cost

Re: OCV & DCV extras for 4 Armed Sword Demons?!?!

Originally posted by Demonsong

1) OCV +3 Blades

6 Points Active

3 Points real cost

Remeber that Combat Skill Levels must cost a minimum of 5 points if they have a Limitation on them. So that +3 with Blades should have a base cost of 15, not 6.

I doubt I would allow the Firearms Limitation on the DCV levels unless there was very good justification for it. I might give the OCV & DCV Levels the Lockout Limitation to represent that if they are being used for DCV or OCV they cannot be used at the same time. So if the character is using 2 additional arms to attack that only leaves 1 arm for a +1 OCV to hit.

Since the OCV Levels cost 15 points and the DCV Levels cost 15 points you could also just purchase 3 Combat Levels with the -3/4 Limitation and then adjust them between OCV and DCV each phase depending on how many arms the character will attack or defend with.

I like your concept of adding +1 OCV/DCV with each blade. To me it makes them more distinctive and colorful than just giving them generic levels.

I have to admit that when I am working up GM creations I don't worry too much exactly how powers are bought or what the point totals are if the end result is what I want. Whether the skill levels cost 9 points or 15 really doesn't matter with GM characters IMHO.