Bestiary Attacks

GrimJesta

Aight, maybe in 5th edition its changed or clearly defined, but as it stands I still use 4th ed. I have a question about animal and monster attacks. Certain entities have multiple attacks, like a bear having a bite and a x2 claw dealie. They still only get ONE attack per phase, correct? Not three or some other standard rule-breaking thing? I was totally sure of this answer until this little seed of doubt crept into my mind, so now I need clarification.

Thanks,

-=Grim=-

Under 4th Edition any characters, including animals and unintelligent "monsters" such as in the 4E Bestiary, could only use one attack at a time, e.g. a HKA bought as a "bite" or "claw," but not both. Various Power constructs were used to simulate the effect of multiple simultaneous attacks, such as Autofire or Reduced Penetration.

Note that under 5th Edition there are now rules for "Multiple-Power Attacks" allowing for separate Powers or Martial Maneuvers to be combined into one attack. The new Bestiary suggests circumstances under which it would be appropriate for animals to do this.