Mad Max

Wolven

Re: Mad Max

FWIW, http://www.realschluss.org/roadworld/index.htm is my Roadworld game which smashes together many post-apoc and on-the-verge-of-apoc settings rather willy-nilly.

As I said "FWIW"...I do intend to HEROize this sometime.

Oh the random encounter tables on http://www.realschluss.org/roadworld/rm_ing.htm are actually somewhat useful, I think.

Re: Mad Max

One reason that mad max worked as a movie was the fact that australia has a limited number of firearms escpecially pistols. American post apocolyptic genre's would be a bit differant (they would probably degenerate into shoot the guy with the cans of food). Some countries would because very hostile like russia which has a glut of surplus and trade firearms that would be appropriated for use by surviving armies ( it would probably degenerate into enclaves controlled by fueding warlords). Japan has so few firearms in the country that they would almost be unheard of and the amunition to use then would dry up quickly (thats why Fist of the North Star had martial artists running around). Post apocalyptic society would be differant depending on where you are.

If you wanted to make a mad max type setting you would definately have to use australia or africa large scrub desert, few firearms,and limited gasoline all things mad max had :)