Campaign Timeline for new campaign

TechnoViking

I'm starting a new Champions campaign on Tuesday, and I would like peoples opinion of the campaign timeline. The timeline is designed to do two things.

1. Move the Champions out of Millennium City. I want to use Millennium City when it comes out and I want the group to be the main heros in the city. I still wanted to keep the Champions in the campaign universe.

2. I wanted to set things up for the first adventure. Think Fantastic Four meets Star Hero :). Can't tell you more since one of the players is a member of the Hero Boards.

Thanks,

Mike

Campaign Timeline

• Jan 2000 – Millennium Project completed, city re-opened.

• Spring 2000: Defender moves from New York City to Millennium City to start a superhero team.

• Summer 2000: Champions form, within a year consider one of the most prominent superhero teams in the United States.

• September 11th 2001: Terrorist attacks on New York City and Washington D.C. Guardsman, Icestar, and the Giant of the New York superhero team the Old Guard killed when the Towers collapse. Rose takes severe mental damage from having a Mind Link with Guardsman when he dies, now in a catatonic state.

• Early 2002: Mayor of New York and the President ask Defender and the Champions to move to New York City to help the city heal its wounds. The team agrees. Kinetik officially joins the group.

• Mid 2002: A new superhero team called the Guardians of Order forms in Millennium City. Although well receive and fast in combat, GoO does not have all the tools and skills to handle crisis as well as the Champions. Members Include:

- Tri-Stat: A heroine that can switch her mutant energy from strength to speed to mental powers. Leader of the Group

- Sol-Lar: Alien of unknown origin with Sun-based powers.

- The Weatherman: College student exposed to cosmic rays. Now can control the weather.

- Dancing Tiger: Martial Artist/Teleporter from China.

- Arcanum: Son of famous magic-based hero.

• February 28, 2003: GoO answers a report of a theft in progress in the city’s tech sector.

• Early March 2003: GoO is missing since 2/28. Thefts continue in the tech sector, metahuman power reported used during the cimes.

• March 11, 2003: Campaign starts.

Very nice. A good, logical reason for the Champions to have moved to NYC based on real-world events that everyone is familiar with.

Very well done.

But I have to admit I'm a bit partial. I like working with timelines, it's so easy to insert changes in them. Unlike long paragraphs of prose although I've used them too.

Top Marks, Mike, as they say on the other side of the pond.