New Superhero Campaign

Super Squirrel

Our local group of gamers has become lazy. We either only role-play online by Play-By-Post or we don't role-play at all. Well, little do they know that is changing.

I've decided to start a 250-pt Superhero Campaign. The world is vaguely X-Men like. Superheroes are gene-related mutants. Today during my 16 hours at work I will create a superhero group and the concepts behind at least one supervillian.

I'll probably have it start out with no laws protecting mutants but one passes early on that 'protects' them much like other protected classes. The hunteds will come from groups that hate mutants and the supervillian groups also.

I'll have my wife's character who will be a reformed cat burgler with the ability to supercharge weapons (+2d6 EB, Variable SF/X). The 'group' founder will be a politician who is too busy to fight crime himself but wants to establish a guard. The players will start out without legal authority to act as a police body but might earn it later.

The gaming group will learn tonight that they are being enlisted into a game every other week for 3 hours or more.

Now, what I could use help with is ideas. I don't even know where to begin other than a cliche bank robbery for the first game.

Alright, I'll give it a whack.

Take the Mutant Hater's Group, and have them protesting a hospital that treats mutants. Place the PC's somewhere within the vicinity, while the protestors start throwing bricks, rocks, etc...

Then take it two ways:

1 - a more militant group (we'll go with the whole "Men in Hoods" ploy) start throwing molotov's at the hospital, and brandishes everything from crowbars to shotguns, and storms the hospital. The heroes then step in to stop them.

2 - a group of not-so-nice mutants starts attackthing the crowd. Once again, the heroes step in to put the baddies down.

or you could combine them....

3 - a fight explodes between a group of militants and some mutants who don't like the protestors.

Hope this helps some

I'm avoiding the mutant protestors who don't use restraint events until the mutant issue becomes more heated. It will be based more on how the superhero team does. I like the hospital idea though. I'll jot down some notes on that.

One thing I thought of on my way to work is insurance companies. I think it would make an interesting plot point if the bank's insurance company refuses to pay for damages because the insurance policy doesn't cover mutant power damage.