Still Confused - Sorry

Kirowan

Question

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry, but I'm still confused on these points.

1. Pg. 91 says that you can only halve DCV once, but it doesn't say that for OCV. So you can halve OCV multiple times? Also, what's does "or otherwise reduce it by a fraction or percentage" mean?

2. For this question, "Under skill levels on pg. 29, should the 2 pt. level read +1 with one Skill Roll? " you responded with, "No. Because Skills can already, on their own, buy +1 to the roll for +2 points, describing a Skill Level as applying to Skills is not only meaningless, it's confusing to many people. That same "change" will appear in 5ER."

So, for 2 points you get a +1 when using the characteristic roll by itself, like making a DEX check to balance on something?

3. On the speed quick reference table on pg. 87, shouldn't a speed of 1 have a phase of 7, not 12?

For this question I was referring to the "Speed Quick - Reference Table" at the very bottom of page 87, not the speed chart above it.

Thanks,

Nick

1 answer to this question

1. Sorry, I misread the question. See the Rules FAQ, under "Fighting."

2. Yes, that's what a Characteristic Roll is. It does not say "Characteristic-Based Roll," meaning any Skill based on X Characteristic, which is what the 5-point SL is for.

3. That's a typo.