Extra Weapons

Foxiekins

Question

In the FAQ, it says that the +5 points to have a second weapon is not subject to Limitations... Does this mean the +5 points is not added to the Active Cost, but to the Real Cost instead...? I'm trying to figure how this effect would fit into a Multipower...

My best guess is it would add to the Active Cost, for purposes of fitting it into the Multipower, but be a separate piece of the power slot that no limitations apply to... So if I had a 75 point reserve Multipower, and a 70 Active point weapon, could a pair of them count as a Multipower Slot...? If so, I'm assuming you would figure the slot cost by applying any Limitations to the 70 points, then adding the +5, and then dividing by 10 since it would be an ultra slot...

1 answer to this question

The Rules FAQ states:

Q: Can a character use the “+5 points doubles the number of a piece of equipment” rule for a gadget defined as a Power Framework, and if so how does that affect the Active Points in the power(s)?

A: Yes. If a character defines a piece of equipment as a Power Framework (e.g., a gun with multiple slots representing different types of ammunition), then he can double the number of pieces of equipment he has in the usual manner. The cost for doing so is not part of the Multipower; it’s a separate expense. Since Active Point restrictions are solely up to the GM — there are no official rules for them — so is the question of whether the +5 points affects that, but it’s a separate expense, not an Adder.

Following that same logic, and the logic of the "no Limitations" answer you mention, characters can't put the +5 points in a Multipower slot defined as a gadget. The +5 points must be paid for outside of the Multipower.

Nor is the +5 points added to the Real Cost of a device. It's a separate expense, to be noted separately on the character sheet so everything's clear to the GM.