Agricultural Mecha

Sociotard

The peasants are about to rebel! Of course, these rebels will quickly use their mechas, normally tractor like things, in combat. Thing is, I need more.

AGRICULTURAL MECHA

Value Characteristic Cost Notes

55 STRENGTH 0 Lift 1.2 mTons, 5½d6

19 BODY 0

8â€Ã—4†SIZE 45 Mass 50 Ton; -9 KB; -6 DCV

4 DEFENSE 6

15 DEXTERITY 18 OCV: 5/ DCV: 5

3 SPEED 5 Phases: 6, 12

Total Characteristic Cost: 74

Movement: Running 20†×8 MAX: 480â€

Leaping 8†8†Forward, 4†Upward

Abilities & Equipment

Cost Power

33 Steam Engine: Endurance Reserve (60 END/ 60 REC) OIF Bulky (-1)4 Arms & Legs: Extra Limbs (4 – 2 Arms, 2 Legs) Limited Manipulation (–¼)

19 Walker: Running 14â€, ×2 Noncombat; Costs Endurance (-½)

5 Wheeler: Running ×8 Noncombat; Limited Maneuverability (-¼), Side Effect (Reduced to 10 DEXTERITY, 2 SPEED, 3 OCV, 3 DCV –½), OIHD (-¼)

5 Jump-Springs: Leaping 8â€; Extra Time (Full Phase –½)

22 Crane Arm: 10†Always Direct (-¼) No Noncombat Stretching (-¼) Costs Endurance (-½) Limited to Arms (-¼)

17 Tow Chain: 1†×64 Noncombat; Limited to Chain (-¼), Can Only Pull or Be Pulled (-½)

Anyway, I need More. Suggestions?

Originally posted by Snarf

Maybe some agricultural tools or systems that can be used converted to weapons? Maybe some scythes, rotating choppers, chemical sprayers, or something like that.

You can use what you've presented as a base for several different types of mecha. Make them plug in modules to your base. One could be for spraying chemicals (and other chemicals could be substituted), one could be for planting (with blades for furrowing), one for harvest (lots of scythes there), and so on.

I could see this coming about so that the colonists don't have to build every mecha from scratch, but rather only have to invest in a set of base units, and a set of modules. One base unit can then be put into use in each phase of planting, but without having to be overburdened so they can do every job.

wtf are yuo palayling around wiht giant robots and bugs for!??!?!?1@~
I normally don't correct any one on these boards, as the beam in my eye keeps getting in the way, but you have succeded in annoying me. Try "Why are you playing around with giant robots?". Do you see how much better it is without shorthand cursing, descent spelling, no 'for' on the end, capitalization, just one punctuation mark, and no reference to 'bugs' (of which I said nothing in the original post). Hey, aren't you the nerd who said the foundation series stank because of its lack of alien culture? In the words of a wise, wise poster by the name of Marcus, FLAME YOU SIR!

Okay, I'm done. I loved the suggestion of chemical sprayers, scythes, etc. It sounds like these are OIF's that attach to nodes on the robot itself.

I think I may make an optional flamethrower (my grandpa used one on his arm) and chainsaw.

This robot is supposed to have a pickup truck bed type thing that folds out. Do I have to use growth for that, or can I just say that some of its usual hex area spends much of the time folded up?

This robot is supposed to have a pickup truck bed type thing that folds out. Do I have to use growth for that, or can I just say that some of its usual hex area spends much of the time folded up?

There's a ton of different ways to do transforming robots. If you want it to actually gain STR and Knockback Resistance and all that, then the growth power is good. If it changes a variety of functions, like one form is on wheels and another is on legs like optimus prime from transformers, then multiform is the way to go. If the two shapes have basically no game mechanical differences, I think at most you would need some sort of limited shape shift or maybe no power at all.

Guest zarglif69
Originally posted by Sociotard

I normally don't correct any one on these boards, as the beam in my eye keeps getting in the way, but you have succeded in annoying me. Try "Why are you playing around with giant robots?". Do you see how much better it is without shorthand cursing, descent spelling, no 'for' on the end, capitalization, just one punctuation mark, and no reference to 'bugs' (of which I said nothing in the original post). Hey, aren't you the nerd who said the foundation series stank because of its lack of alien culture? In the words of a wise, wise poster by the name of Marcus, FLAME YOU SIR!

Okay, I'm done. I loved the suggestion of chemical sprayers, scythes, etc. It sounds like these are OIF's that attach to nodes on the robot itself.

I think I may make an optional flamethrower (my grandpa used one on his arm) and chainsaw.

Nerd? NERD!?!?!?! what yuo say??? Why yuo callin ME a nerd!? in teh words of a jewish carpenter, "let he who is without sins cast teh first boulder!!!"

Originally posted by zarglif69

Nerd? NERD!?!?!?! what yuo say??? Why yuo callin ME a nerd!? in teh words of a jewish carpenter, "let he who is without sins cast teh first boulder!!!"

Okay, maybe Sociotard should apologize for calling you a nerd. After all, aren't we all to some extent nerds just by being here?

As for his other comments, they do have some value. The ability to write a proper sentence is very important. It shows a level of maturity and intelligence that shows others your position should be considered. Your statement from above, what yuo say???, shows a lack of basic writing skills that makes people wonder whether your post has any value. Is English your first language? If so, you should pay more attention to what you write. If not, I do apologize.

Also, good spelling is important. I understand that misspellings do occur, and I think everyone on the board has posted at least once with a misspelling. However, a large number of misspellings in one post shows that the person posting does not care enough to review and correct any mistakes they may find.

In the future, zargllif69, if you wish to be taken seriously on these posts, I recommend (1) a review of your posts for English grammar and spelling, and (2) instead of just attacking other people's positions or likes, as you did in your first post here and in the Foundation string, explain why you don't like something. If you don't have anything constructive, there's really no need to post. If you do feel the need to post, don't just say that something is bad, explain why you disagree with a post (more than just a "no aliens, so the series sucks").

Happy Posting!!

I think Battlestaff is right, I shouldn't have labeled Zarglif69 a nerd. My apologies.

I went through Zarglif69's posts, and found the oddest dichotomy. At times his posts are comments of reason and intelligence, displaying perfectly acceptable grammer and spelling. At others, he insults people and abandons his otherwise impeccable standard of speach. So stark is the difference, I have come to wonder if he might be two individuals using the same user name.