How much would you charge for this ?

altamaros

Hi Hero People

Here is the thing :

a character has plain and simple duplication (4 duplicates all identical ).

The player wants to buy additional SPD with the limitation that only ONE duplicate at a time can use the added phases.

but at any phase, the player can choose which duplicate will use it.

Example

Mr Multiple (SPD 4) can have up to 4 duplicates.

He has 4 additional SPD (for a total of 8)

thus all duplicates can act on phases 3 6 9 12 but only one of them (to choose at this moment) can act on phases 2 5 8 11

Your opinion Hero Dom ?

Second question from the same player : if you had duplication with the limitation that only one duplicate can act at a time no matter what.

How much would you charge for that ?

Interesting concept; it cuts back on one of the main advantages of Duplication (ability to have a lot more phases).

Personally I'm not a fan of limited SPD -- I prefer to have the characters purchase the full SPD they want and then get a Physical Disadvantage to reflect the phases they can't act on. As such that's what I'd make Mr. Multiple do -- buy the 4 extra SPD himself (and thereby for all duplicates) with a PhyLim that only one "duplicate" can act during the appropriate phases -- 15 pts assuming a campaign average of 5-6 SPD.

Why not a limit on the Duplication itself? I can see the logic for allowing it (the limitation affects what is arguably the main advantage of duplication) -- but since it doesn't affect how the Duplication itself operates I personally would be very leary of it. In this particular case, since they each have the base 4 phases I wouldn't allow it.

If only one duplicate could act at a time no matter what? In that case I probably would allow a -1 limitation on the duplicates since it greatly limits the benefit of the duplication -- I might even get talked into -1 1/2. But -2 would be too much since the character would still be getting 2 actions each phase (base form and one duplicate).