Bases...

Foxiekins

Question

I tried looking in the FAQ, but believe it or not, I didn't find this question...

The BASE LOCATION TABLE on page 317 of FRED lists +20 as the Cost Modifier for having an Underground Base... What if only *part* of a Base is Underground...? Do you apply Partial Coverage Limitation to the +20 points, if the Underground portion is small enough...? I'm thinking of small, unground secure areas, and access tunnels here....

1 answer to this question

Re: Bases...

That's covered in the Rules FAQ under "Vehicles And Bases:

Q: If a character’s Base exists in two different “locations” (for example, part of it is an aboveground skyscraper, part an underground lair), how does he choose which Location cost applies?

A: In most cases, just use your common sense, erring conservatively (i.e., if there’s no clear answer, pay the highest appropriate Location cost). If you want a more concrete rule, use the Location cost for the location where the majority of the Base exists. For example, a Base with 40% of its hexes aboveground and 60% underground would have to pay for an Underground location. If there’s no clear majority, look at other factors, like where the majority of the Base’s most-used facilities are, what the public knows (if anything) about the Base, whether there’s some effort to conceal it or gain a significant benefit from being in one location type, and so on.