Dune

PCD

I have seen the threads about their Shields and so forth, but what else should I consider to use the Dune influence correctly. I am thinking the Bene Gesserit and The Guild would have some Powers loaded with Advantages and Limitations. Links to threads or info would help.

Re: Dune

EVERYONE: Subject to orders. No lone wolves in any part of Dune.

Bene Gesserit:

CHAR: High PRE, CON, INT, DEX, SPD, END,

Skills: Could be basic for an acolyte, through the roof for reverend Mothers

Perks: Contacts, Favor (excellent manipulators), Follower(s) (for Reverend Mothers), Fringe Benefit (Diplomatic Immunity, Membership), Reputation

Talents: Combat Luck, Lightning Reflexes, Lightsleep, Resistance, (and I want to include Combat Sense, Eidetic memory, Simulate Death but am not sure)

Powers (at Reverend Mother level):Enhanced Senses (Sight and Hearing, add to PER roll), Find Weakness (unarmed or knife), HTH Attack, Life Support (Extended Breathing, Longevity, Immunity-take your pick), Mental Defense, Mind Control (Voice; Must speak aloud), Mind Link (only between a dying Reverend Mother and a living one; Sign Language- must be in line of sight within 2",only works between Bene Gesserit)

Disads: Addicted To Melange (Dependance, Melange withdrawl can kill), Distinctive Features, Psych Limitation (Bene Gesserit Schemes), Psych Limitation (Cannot Love), Reputation (Untrustworthy), Reputation (Witch) Rivalry (Guild),

I don't want to deal with the racial memories thing, I'm tired. The above is pretty rough but I think I've covered most of the abilities. I was only considering the B.G. as presented in the original trilogy. The Mind Link from a dying Reverend Mother was in Chapterhouse or Heretics not sure which. I'm trying to forget the Brian Herbert/Kevin Anderson books, didn't include any of that schwag.

It has been too long for me since reading to be of any real help but eyeballing Lowly's post he seems to have covered many of the bases. I would give them some non-powered powers to add a little.

FREX: Read the motive 10d6 Telepathy - extra time 5 minutes, requires a conversation roll, fully invisible. Only to dectect surface thoughts.

I would make the Sign Language a Mind Link - requires LOS, restrainable. Nobody knows they communicate so it does not have "gestures" that are observable but if you bound them it might defeat the communications.

High Presence. High Reputation.

How would you handle the ancestral memories (the Reverend Mothers having the memories of all of their female ancestors)?

Although alot was made of how they knew everything their female ancestors knew, in practice they seemed to gain increased ability with the skills they already knew and lots of general knowledge.

I would probably give them a big boost to their Int stat and probably some skill levels.

It has been too long for me since reading to be of any real help but eyeballing Lowly's post he seems to have covered many of the bases. I would give them some non-powered powers to add a little.

FREX: Read the motive 10d6 Telepathy - extra time 5 minutes, requires a conversation roll, fully invisible. Only to dectect surface thoughts.

I would make the Sign Language a Mind Link - requires LOS, restrainable. Nobody knows they communicate so it does not have "gestures" that are observable but if you bound them it might defeat the communications.

High Presence. High Reputation.

Good job on Read the Motive. And I did intend to make sign language a mind link, just wasn't clear enough. ;)