Two questions about damage

Stone

1) Where is the breakdown on how to add damage from items used as weapons (baseball bat, telephone pole, steel I-beam, etc..)

2) I know on damage shields if the person with the shield punches a NPC/PC, damage is rolled for both the punch and the damage shield if the character pays an additional +1/4 advantage. My question is could this same advantage be applied to an EB with the no range limitation (ex. Ironfist)?

Re: Two questions about damage

1.) I'm pretty sure the object can do as many dice as its DEF + BODY, up to your normal max STR damage. At that point, the object breaks, as it's not designed to be a weapon. It can't actually add to damage unless your character has a power with OIF: Objects of oppurtunity. Using objects is mostly there for throwing them, giving yourself a one- or two-shot Area Effect strike, or aiding your PRE attacks.

2.) No, I'm pretty sure you can't do it with EB No Range. To add damage to your attacks, use an HA (Hand-to-Hand Attack).

Re: Two questions about damage

What he said, but...

You only need to buy a Power to add damage with handy objects in a Superheroic game. In a Heroic game it's expected. Even then, a kind GM might allow you to add a few dice if it's logical you'd get them.

Instead of EB No Range....look at Hand Attack. It does exactly what you want.