Some timeline help

Spence

Well the creation bug has finally sunk it's mandables firmly into me and settled me down to one campaign idea. I have finally decided that I will run a StarHero campaign. I currently own SH, TE, ST and have just ordered my copy of AW. In a nutshell my campaign will take place just prior to AW. What I am looking for is a more detailed timeline for that period. I am hoping to blend my game into the existing timeline if possible.

My current concept will have humanity alone in the universe, and while they have found trace remains that show alien intellegence exists, there has been no contact. At the time of the campaign the known human worlds are in the middle of civil war as the various "core" worlds attempt to bring the "colony" worlds under control. At the fringes of human expansion there is the Explorer Corps. Originally they existed to explore and expand human knowledge of the universe. But as the crisis escalates they have expanded their role to that of assisting the far flung settlements as well. As the various navies pull back to better defend more strategic positions, this new role has suddenly intensified from just helping, to being the only assistance or overall law many of the out-settlements have. Resources are thin. Piracy has returned. Petty despots are setting up shop. Free Merchanters are disappearing on the fringe. As are entire colonies. Rumor whispers that there may be more out there than just pirates...

The item that I think will be the biggest stumbling block is the lack of alien contact at the time of my campaign. I beleive that the Hero timeline has contact occuring much earlier than I do.

Any thoughts you might have would be appreciated.

Re: Some timeline help

I think you'll find some info in AW that will help you solidify your concepts. You'll still probably have to change some things, but it shouldn't be that difficult to adapt published material to what you're after.

Good luck! :hex:

Thanks. That was a quick reply, 3 minutes.... I knew there was more than one reason I liked Hero.

Re: Some timeline help

It's a really developed campaign world. Really well done. But is has more non-human sentients than you can shake a stick at. It also is placed way to the left of center, if industrial tech is right of center. It's based on a uneverse like they had in the book "Bloom". I'm thinking of a more Star Wars/Mageworlds/Honor Harrington type universe. I am planning to use "first contact" with an actual alien species as a major plot item.

But I do want to thank you for the link. I lost a few hours just browsing through the site. It's a really well done campaign world. Really well done.

Spence