How to Handle a Multi-Focus MP

Supreme

I'm working on a Golden Age Robin Hood character named "The Yeoman." He uses a bow and arrow as well as a sword. I'd like to do his bow as having the option of firing an RKA or a physical EB. I'd also like to do the same with his sword, either use it as an HA or an HKA. So my thinking is to dump all of these into one multipower, since he can't fire a bow AND attack with the sword. But how should I do the foci? I'm fine with defining all as OAF, but do I apply the OAF to the MP base, to the slot costs, both, or do I do teo MPs? It seems to me that if I apply OAF to the MP, then an opponent should only have to do one grab/disarm to take away both, which doesn't make much sense.

Conceptually, I wouldn't allow such a multi-power. They are two seperate Foci with totally different effects and so on. The only way I could see doing it is that ONLY the slots would have the "OAF" limitation - which would totally invalidate the cost saving on the multipower.

You could, I suppose, add the "Gestures" limitation as you need your arms free to use the MP.

Example:

40: Sword and Bow: MP "60" - OIF

3u-Sword Slash: HKA, 2d6 0 End, AP - OAF

2u-Sword Flat of Blade: HtoHA +6d6, 0 End - OAF, HtoHA

3u-Bow-Kill Arrows: RKA, 4d6 16 Ch (or 8 Rec Ch) - OAF

3u-Bow-Blunt Arrows: EB, 12d6 16 Ch (or 8 Rec Ch) - OAF

You might be able to swing the "Real Weapon," limitation for a 1/4, depending on the GM.

I allow something similar to this, but I enforce a rule that the value on the Pool (whether MP or VPP) is figured as per Variable Limitations. That is, if the *slots* have -1 limitations but *different* limitations (even different foci), the *pool* can get a -1/2 limitation for this.

To use your example, slots based on the Bow & Sword would still have the slot cost reduced by the -1 OAF limitation -- but the pool would only have its cost reduced by -1/2.