Martial NND Manuevers

WalkerGrae

I thought I had the answer to this question before, but don't remember it now. When NND maneuvers are listed in martial arts packages they're followed by a number in parenthesis in the notes section.

Examples:

Low Blow - 2d6 NND (3)

Choke Hold - 2d6 NND (2)

Tien-hsueh Strike - 2d6 NND (1)

My dumb questions for the month: What do they reference and where do I find it?

Re: Martial NND Manuevers

If you're referring to the Martial Maneuvers as listed in the 5E rulebook, the numbers refer to the type of defense that applies in each case. In the 4th Edition (and Ultimate Martial Artist) those defenses were part of the notes included with the maneuvers table, but they weren't included in 5E. It was an oversight; it's listed in the Errata for the book.

The defense for Choke Hold (2) and Nerve Strike (1) are in the text descriptions for those maneuvers on 5E pp. 264-65. The defense for (3) is in the description of "Low Blow" in the "Dirty Infighting" package, p. 266.

I thought I had the answer to this question before, but don't remember it now. When NND maneuvers are listed in martial arts packages they're followed by a number in parenthesis in the notes section.

Examples:

Low Blow - 2d6 NND (3)

Choke Hold - 2d6 NND (2)

Tien-hsueh Strike - 2d6 NND (1)

My dumb questions for the month: What do they reference and where do I find it?

Many have mentioned the UMA in this thread. I don't think it would be blowing IP rights to tell you that Low Blow hits location 13 (vitals), Choke Hold hits location 5? (throat), and Tien-hsueh Strike hits pretty much anywhere, but is stopped by rigid armor (it's a nerve cluster strike, so anything that doesn't let you hit the nerve cluster blocks it).

Since your question's been answered, mind if I ask a similar qquestion in your thread?

In 4th Ed there were rules for building MA attacks. Are there in 5th Ed? 'Cause, I didn't find them in FREd or UMA.

Am I blind? (%)