Presenting the Silver Knights

Powerhouse

As some people may know, I've been referring recently to fanfics that I like to write for some super heroes that I've created over the years. I'm always retconning them though as new concepts come up.

First, in *very brief* the world is seperate from the champions universe though some characters from it might appear in one form or another.

Its history mirrors many superhero universes in that some supers appeared in the past but the first major wave (Golden Age) came about five years prior to world war II. Most supers either died in battle or retired to live normal lives, seeing their job done with the defeat of the Axis. Also, through the 50's and 60's the rate at which new supers appeared slowed drastically for reasons unknown.

In the late 60's and 70's, a new wave of heroes appeared. Interestingly, this new outbreak created superbeings that were both more powerful and plentiful. This Silver Age would last until Decemeber 1985 when the Broker, an underworld information gatherer, suceeded in tracking down the secret identidies of many heroes.

Swiftly, super villains attacked heroes and their loved ones on December 24 in what became known as the "Christmas Crucibles." Surprisingly, there were few casualties for the heroes. The villains were another story as their intended victims fought back with uncommon lethality. This, combined with a subsequent wave of retirements and indentity changes once again altered the super hero landscape.

Unlike the Golden Age, continuity existed from this Silver to the new, Bronze Age. The remaining members of the world's premeire superteam, the Sentinels of Justice, continued to fight the good fight and supers continued tp appear in small but steady numbers. There were some concerns of a darker bend to the new heroes (though the public was quite tolerant of the killing of the villains in the Christmas Crucibles which other critics felt was the start of the new trend). Quite a few heroes started to resemble their opponents though the Sentinels remains a shining example.

In 1995, something happened. The aftermath left the Sentinels killed in actions and many other supers either dead, wounded, or de-powered. A pall was cast over the public's view of supers and those few who remains continued their works in the shadows. For ten years now, the world has been relatively free of supers (at least publicly) save for some vigilantes or parahumans who work with law enforcement.

The year is now 2005... and a new wave of heroes will be announced by a burning brand in the sky.

(OOC: Whew! That was actually more involved then I intended! It was actually at the last moment that I decided to make it three previous generations rather than two. I decided to follow the DC model of generations (Just think Flash with Jay, Barry, Wally, and now Impulse is here) as well as linking the generations to certain dates in comics (the Golden Age and Silver Age are easy enough but I linked the Bronze Age to the publication of Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns.

In general, the fics are reflect a more modern world-view than was found in the Golden and Silver Ages in that there are shades of gray and what is right can be hard to see. However, there is often STILL a good and evil, if hard to find and a true hero seeks to both find and uphold this good. Consider this a Neo-Silver Age though with some modern Iron Age trappings (ie some lethal force vigilantes will appear but they are the outsiders and certainly not the norm. In general there is a more realistic view on killing in that some (though not all) heroes WILL kill under the right circumstances (ie self defense, protect others) without having to develop a second personality or wander across the freaking universe (*cough* Superman *cough*).

Another silver age theme is that this is a new wave of supers after about a decade of absence. It's a new beginning filled with hope yet tempered with fear. Some of the population remember the 1995 event (incidently not mentioned until much later in the series) but time has passed and wounds have healed and many want their heroes back. Can these new heroes be embraced as those of old?

I'm not sure how well the timeline will work though since I'd love to work in some third/second generation Golden age supers about five years later into the mix as the Legion of Honor ala the current Justice Society of America. Mostly third generation although the Living Comet aged very well and remained both virile and... popular with women shall we say. When his daughter Inferno shows up, it should be fun. :)

Well that's all for the backstory. A little dry and not as innovative as other people here but I think it will work for now.)

Re: Presenting the Silver Knights

The roleout will take a while and I may make some changes later. Also, I am taking a mea-culpa right now to bad dialogue and melodrama.

I will present the individual characters first, those who will become the members of the Silver Knights. First up is their leader, Lady Silver.

Name: Lady Silver

Identity: Amanda Worthington

Height: 5’5â€

Weight: 120 lbs

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Ethnicity: Caucasian

History: "You can't go Amanda!"

She turned to Faraji and again she questioned her decision. The dark-skinned youth was so handsome, with eyes as kind as his heart. "I have to go. While we stay sequestered from the world, its people suffer every day. I can't ignore that suffering any longer."

"Their plight is of their own making." He took her hands in his firmly. "They cast us aside centuries ago, called us agents of demons and witches."

"But they are my people."

"So are we Amanda. Even if your blood is part human, your soul is wholly Shangri-la. The people of this modern world will not welcome you." He squeezed her hands fondly. "But we, I, do. Please stay Amanda, I love-"

She turned away, the better to hide her tears. "Don't say it Faraji. You're just making this harder."

"Do you think I would make this easy? Stay here and take the vow of Fidelity. Together we can lead our people as your father has for all these years."

She turned back with sharp words. "Lead them where? We are a people in stasis, existing with our magic but not living or growing in this little world that we created. I can't stay in paradise if it means I must consign others to torment." Holding back the sobs that would have wracked her voice, she said, "if I can find a way back to you, I promise I will come back!" Then Amanda leapt into the swirling portal. An agonized scream from the man she loved followed her.

As the dimensional vortex whipped about her, Amanda remembered. Her mother, Cynthia Worthington, had come from a family of wealth and privilege. Along with the families Rockefeller, Carnige, and Vanderbilt, the Worthingtons is a family of wealth and privilege that was founded through a near stranglehold on a certain industry. In the case of the Worthingtons, this industry is pharmaceutical.

Disgusted by the evil promulgated by her family, the youngest daughter, Cynthia founded Justice International: a philanthropist group that traveled the world to alleviate suffering and better the lives of all people. Not content to merely fund the group, she journeyed across the globe.

During a humanitarian mission in Tibet, her group was assaulted by an army patrol of the People's Republic of China that was engaged in pacifying resistance in the disputed province.

In the slaughter, Cynthia managed to flee into the mountains only to be caught in a vicious snowstorm. Half dead, she and crawled through the snow in an attempt to reach shelter. Just as she was about to give up, a light shone and a valley of sun and life appeared. With her last reserves of strength, she entered this strange world.

By fate or luck, Cynthia had stumbled upon a valley that had been severed from the rest of Earth's dimension. There lived a group of mystics who had sequestered themselves from a world that had grown to either fear or disbelieve them. In this pocket dimension that they created, the wizards sought refuge.

The leader of the small enclave called Shangri-la, a sorcerer of no small power, took pity on the woman and opened the barrier. Over time, the magician cared for the woman and nursed her back to health. They would also fall in love and marry.

The past tragedies had caused Cynthia to lose taste for heroic ideals and she would be content to remain in the small dimension with her husband. Not so was the daughter of the union. As the years passed in the secluded valley the child, named, Amanda grew up powerful with a gift for the magical arts the equal to any of her teachers. Equally strong was her compassion and the girl would steal glances of the world beyond through the scrying glasses. The stories her mother told her, tales of deprivation and intolerance, served only to fuel a desire in Amanda to leave the shelter of her home.

When she reached the age of twenty, her studies into forbidden scrolls revealed a terrible secret: by leaving earth, the mystics had taken with them much of the white magic of the world. In their wake, dark and terrible powers were growing in strength and threatening the mortal realm.

Passionately Amanda argued for a return to the world but the others refused, embittered by their treatment by the ignorant and intolerant. Most vocal of all was Faraji, a descendant of several African shaman as well as her fiancée. Of all the arguments that he wielded, perhaps the most potent was that the stars had aligned such that the mystic portals into Shangri-la no longer functioned. Should she enter the modern world, she could never return home.

The other choice, to hide in safety and allow evil to flourish, was never an option.

The memories followed Amanda as she swirling colors faded away and she found herself in a bewildering world indeed, filled with technologies and wonders that her mother had scarcely prepared her for. It was also a world rife with greed and callousness. She needed to look no further than the Worthington holdings. Over two decades her uncle, Percy Worthington, had taken over the business and increased its profits by tampering with research and the selling of lesser quality drugs.

Asserting her claim to the family fortune, and proving her identity through genetic testing, Amanda succeeded in obtaining a small but far from controlling, interest in Worthington Pharmaceuticals. Since that day, she has been involved in a battle to end the consortium's corruption.

A place in the world secured, Amanda has begun to attempt, as her mother had, to reshape the world into a better place. She has put much of her money into restarting Justice International and is well known for raising monies for various charities. Equal time is also spent defending earth against magical threats.

Her name comes from two sources. Initial news reports dubbed Amanda the Silver Lady. Among magic circles, her power grants her a certain amount of respect and the silver connotes her position as a defender of white magic.

Personality: Amanda is a young but driven woman with a powerful sense of compassion and adherence to duty. She sees a world that could be better and seeks to remake it so that others will not suffer. Her charity work both with Justice International and the Guardians is extensive. Though she will excuse herself from more overtly political movements, Amanda actively pursues agendas for active social change.

Her commitment to defending the world from threats both mundane and mystic is just as strong though Lady Silver would prefer to simply focus on charitable works and social progress. Unfortunately, the dangers are both prevalent and enduring and so she acts as she must.

Despite her focus, Amanda is quite charming and warm, with a friendly manner and kind words that many find easy to open up to. These qualities combined with her beauty ensure that she is never without a potential suitor though whether she will return the affection and interest is another thing, particularly in light of her love in Shangri-la.

One flaw is that Lady Silver can be too driven and at times blinded to the reality of the situation when she attempts to remedy. Also, although Amanda is normally the first to seek compromise, she will also stubbornly hold onto her principles even in the face of common sense.

Quote: "There is no darkness so great that a single light can not pierce."

Powers: Although young, Enchantra is strong in the mystic arts, with the potential for much greater growth in the future. She is limited mostly by the time that she can spend on her training and lack of a proper mentor. By manipulating the magical energies of both her own soul and the world around her, she can achieve many effects. Spells that she has used in the past include bolts of force, illusions, the conjuration of sleeping mists, mystic chains, light, and protective shields, as well as the ability to dispel the magics of others.

Description:

Enchantra is stunningly beautiful, with waist long blonde hair and a slim figure. When not in costume, she uses a glamour to play down her looks so that she is still attractive but not overly so. In addition, the glamour makes her hair appear to be only shoulder length.

Her costume is pure white with a tunic and skirt of modest length. Affixed to her tunic by two silver broaches is a cloak that covers her shoulders and back. A simple tiara of silver with a diamond encircles her forehead.

Notes on NPC's:

F.I.S.T. (Fascism International through Strife and Terrorism): terrorist group bent on world domination. In addition to more public displays, they work covertly to perpetuate war among countries to weaken them and create opportunities. Resources include agents, powered armor (with distinctive forearm vibroblades), and a super-powered cadre called the Claw.

Dark Cabal: shadowy cult with unknown influence (at least one federal Senator was found to have ties to the group). Its members worship a dark deity and have access to powerful magics.

Lord Malfice: apprentice to Baron Bane who alternates between wanting to kill Lady Silver and make her his dark bride. Schooled in necromancy, his main powers are summoning undead and inflicting grave and unnatural wounds that are difficult to heal.

Baron Bane: aka the "Bone Baron" is a very powerful lich with over a century of experience. Although skilled in general magic, his specialty is necromancy of great power.

Percy Worthington: an uncle in his early 60's who runs Worthington Pharmaceuticals. He actively seeks to remove Amanda from the corporation through any means necessary. Amanda suspects that a recent near-fatal attack (a very competent mugger who happened to have a CIA background) was arranged by Percy. The man "committed suicide" in his cell before evidence could be found.

Despite this, she seeks to have a relationship with her uncle and "save" him from his own dark heart. She has even saved his life on two separate occasions (once as Lady Silver, the other as Amanda) when other enemies tried to kill him. Despite this, Percy sees the woman as nothing less than an insect to be eliminated.

Lady Silver

Player:

Val Char Cost
13 STR 3
21 DEX 33
23 CON 26
11 BODY 2
18 INT 8
23 EGO 26
20 PRE 10
22 COM 6
5/20 PD 2
6/21 ED 1
5 SPD 19
8 REC 0
46 END 0
30 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM02 1/2" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 136

Cost Power END
50 Mystic Spells: Multipower, 63-point reserve, (63 Active Points); all slots Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; ; -1/4)
5u 1) Lord Luthan's Light : Energy Blast 10d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (62 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; ; -1/4) 2
5u 2) Lord Luthan's Lordly Luminsence: Sight Group Flash 7d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (61 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; ; -1/4) 2
5u 3) Sepherus' Soul Strike: Ego Attack 5d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (62 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; ; -1/4) 2
5u 4) Sepherus' Slumber: Drain STUN 3d6, Area Of Effect (7" Cone; +1) (60 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; ; -1/4) 6
5u 5) The Conjured Confinements of Count Condari: Entangle 3d6, 3 DEF, Area Of Effect (3" Radius; +1) (60 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; ; -1/4) 6
5u 6) Morpheus' Maze of Mystery: Entangle 2 1/2d6, 2 DEF, Custom Modifier (Works against Ego, not Strength; +1/4), Takes No Damage From Physical Attacks Limited Group (+1/4), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1) (62 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; ; -1/4) 6
5u 7) The Wandering Weave of Wurton: Mental Illusions 10d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (62 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; ; -1/4) 2
5u 8) Elundi's Enchantment's End: Dispel 14d6, Works on any magic power one at a time (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (63 Active Points); Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; ; -1/4) 2
3u 9) Perceus' Pathways: Teleportation 9", x4 Increased Mass, MegaScale (1" = 1,000 km; +1), Can Be Scaled Down: 1" = 1km (+1/4) (63 Active Points); Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; ; -1/4) 6
14 Clairsentience (Sight Group), Targeting, MegaScale (1" = 100 km; +3/4) (52 Active Points); Only to percieve teleport site (-1), Extra Time (Extra Phase, -3/4), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Blackout (-1/2) 5
5 Teleportation: Floating Fixed Location (1 Locations)
37 Mystic Shield: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (37 Active Points) 1
2 Power Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); Only Works Against Magic Very Limited Type of Attack (-1)
5 Mental Defense (10 points total)
3 Mage Sense: Detect Magic 13- (Unusual Group) (5 Active Points); Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2)
7 Spell of Concealment: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (into and out of Superhero costume) (10 Active Points); Limited Target (Clothes) Limited (-1/2) 1
Powers Cost: 166

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 4 1/2d6 Strike
3 Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 2 1/2d6 +v/5, Target Falls
Martial Arts Cost: 11

Cost Skill
3 Breakfall 13-
3 Conversation 13-
3 High Society 13-
3 Oratory 13-
3 Persuasion 13-
3 Scholar
2 1) KS: Demonology (3 Active Points) 13-
2 2) KS: Mythology (3 Active Points) 13-
2 3) KS: Occult Lore (3 Active Points) 13-
3 +1 with any Mystic Spells Multipower
Skills Cost: 27

Cost Perk
5 Money: Well Off
5 Base
Perks Cost: 10

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages
20 Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing (Common, Total)
20 Psychological Limitation: Compassionate (Very Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Sworn to protect Earth against evil magic (Uncommon, Strong)
20 Hunted: F.I.S.T. 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
20 Hunted : Dark Cabal 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
10 Hunted: Lord Malfice 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major
10 Distinctive Features: Mystic Aura (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
15 Rivalry: Professional, Percy Worthington), Rival is More Powerful, Seek to Harm or Kill Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry
10 Dependent NPC: Percy Worthington 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Lady Silver looks good. My only quibble is the three martial arts manuvers. They don't seem to fit the character, and seem unneccessary. I would drop them and add a couple of CSLs, maybe one all combat and one more with your mystical powers.

John Spencer

Celestial Knight

Player:

Val Char Cost
15/25 STR 5
18/23 DEX 24
18/25 CON 16
11 BODY 2
18 INT 8
13 EGO 6
20 PRE 10
20 COM 5
5/7 PD 2
5/6 ED 1
5 SPD 12
7/10 REC 0
36/56 END 0
28/37 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM03"/5" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 91

Cost Power END
60 Cosmic Powers: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
6u 1) Energy Blast 15d6 (75 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 7
6u 2) Entangle 7 1/2d6, 7 DEF (75 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 7
6u 3) Entangle 3 1/2d6, 3 DEF, Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1) (70 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 7
6u 4) Telekinesis (50 STR) (75 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 7
6u 5) Force Wall (15 PD/15 ED) (75 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 7
4u 6) Hand-To-Hand Attack +10d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
6u 7) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (2d6+1 / 2 1/2d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
24 Flight: Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
2u 1) Flight 15" (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 3
2u 2) Flight 10", MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 3
29 Armor (12 PD/12 ED) (36 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
8 Force Field (5 PD/5 ED) (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 1
13 Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (19 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Linked (Force Field; -1/4)
7 Instant Change: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (into and out of Superhero costume) (10 Active Points); Limited Target (Clothes) Limited (-1/2) 1
8 +10 STR (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 1
11 +7 CON (14 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
12 +5 DEX (15 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
4 +1 SPD (Reflects purchased dex) (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
2 +6 END (3 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
Powers Cost: 222

Cost Skill
3 Combat Driving 13- (14-)
5 Combat Piloting 14- (15-)
2 Navigation (Air) 13-
3 Scientist
2 1) SS: Aeronautics 13- (3 Active Points)
2 2) SS: Mathematics 13- (3 Active Points)
2 3) SS: Physics 13- (3 Active Points)
4 TF: Combat Aircraft, Parachuting, Basic, Small Planes, Snowboarding, Spaceplanes, Surfing
8 +1 with All Combat
3 +1 with Cosmic Powers
Skills Cost: 34

Cost Perk
3 Reputation: Popular Superhero (United States) 14-, +1/+1d6
Perks Cost: 3

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages
20 Hunted: F.I.S.T. 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
10 Hunted: Steel Dragon 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
10 Hunted: Star Thief 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
20 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Very Common, Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Thrillseeker (Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Competitive, hates to lose (Common, Moderate)
5 Psychological Limitation: Claustrophobia (Uncommon, Strong, Points removed due to point limit)
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major
15 Dependent NPC: Current Boyfriend 8- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)
10 Accidental Change to Heroic Form: Takes Body Damage 11- (Uncommon)
5 Rivalry: Professional, Matt Wagner, Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry
15 Mystery Disadvantage

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Name: Celestial Knight

Identity: Ameiko Yi

Height: 5’2â€

Weight: 115 lbs

Hair: Black

Eyes: Brown

Ethnicity: Japanese-Chinese American

History: Darkness flitted before her eyes, slipped away, and then returned more forcefully as her ragged breathing tried with little success to fill her lungs. Each breath was painful, driving the cockpit's jagged steel deeper and deeper into her side.

I don't want to die... Ameiko thought as the blackness pressed down on her. Wrenching back on the controls, she guided the plane away from a mountain before it could smash against its face. Metal shrieked in protest and the entire airframe shuddered as she fought for every inch of control. Gotta get it down. Gotta land, she thought over and over again.

Her mind raced back through the years. Her parents, immigrants to American, had raised their daughter by stressing the virtues of study and hard work. They would be continually disappointed, as their rebellious daughter snuck away for a weekend in the California slopes with a new boyfriend or cut class to surf for days on end.

Intelligent enough to maintain strong grades, Ameiko had never seen the need to play it safe when she could be riding the edge of danger with the wind in her hair and adrenaline flowing through her veins. Seeking the next thrill, she tried sky-diving, snowboarding, surfing, and fast motorcycles. Perhaps it was inevitable that through these activities she would determine the career she would want: test pilot.

Entering two years early, college was a breeze despite double-majoring in aeronautics and physics. The Air Force was less so but it taught her to fly and after four years of active duty, she obtained a position at Flight Unlimited, a corporation that designed planes for the government. It would lead her to the Prometheus Project, a space plane that could achieve earth orbit without the expense and difficulties of a more conventional shuttle launch as well as achieving unheard of velocities. It could revolutionize space travel. It could be the next step towards settling the planets of the solar system.

What it was doing was crushing the life out of Ameiko as she fought the plan towards the ocean, away from where it could hurt anyone. Pinned in the buckled compartment, ejection was impossible. Jaw set grimly, she glared at the water rushing to meet her. "Do your worst!"

When next she woke, the young woman was in the hospital and heavily bandaged. The recovery team had found her and the plane in incredibly good shape considering what had happened... including the sabotage. An investigation was already underway.

Ameiko's own recovery would not be complete. The incident, exacerbating an earlier trauma when an avalanche had buried her alive, afflicted her with claustrophobia. She would not be able to fly again. Relegated to the design team, she could only remember the thrills of the past while struggling to cope with her new condition.

It would be much later, in a second launch of the plane that the culprit behind her condition emerged. A strange green man with even stranger powers attempted to secretly destroy the plane. At that point, wanting, needing to do something, a nimbus of light surrounded her. When it left, Ameiko was clad in strange armor. With her new powers, and with care to not be seen too closely by others, she drove Star Thief away.

With her new abilities, new possibilities presented themselves and Ameiko had eagerly embraced them to become the first new public superhero in almost 15 years. A series of high profile rescues and busts have rapidly spread the name of Celestial Knight across the country and she is widely gaining popularity.

Although she does not know it at present, Ameiko has been empowered by the power of the Order of the Eternal Light: an order of twelve that protect the galaxy. They are only aware of the disappearance of one of their own a strange drain on the Well of Eternity which fuels their powers. They are actively seeking her however...

Personality: Few things mean as much to Ameiko as riding the edge of danger and feeling the rush of adrenaline. Though a kind-hearted person, it is more thrills than the public good that drives her at this point in time. Combined with a dangerous amount of confidence, she will dive headlong into situations that would be better suited with forethought.

Being a superhero, with the attendant popularity, is also a way of avoiding issues in her life. Particularly, it lets her not think of the boring desk job she has been shackled to but instead re-capture the joy of flight as she could never done before. She does miss piloting terribly however but is too proud to seek help for her claustrophobia. Instead, she continues to try to "gut" it out herself so that she can one day return to the ranks of test piloting. Until then, she shows a preference for open spaces and being near windows.

In general, Ameiko is very outgoing, confident, and aggressive. She loves to experiment and try new things whether it's food, places to visit, or seeking romantic companionship. She is also highly competitive and can't stand to be beaten.

Powers: At present, Celestial Knight can wield the semi-mystical energies of the Well of Eternity to conjure energy blasts, force barriers, and simple shapes. Even personal weaponry can be formed, including maces and a sword capable of slicing most materials. As Ameiko's attunement grows (and she can be tutored by the Order if she is allowed to keep her powers), her skill at manipulating the energy will be enhanced as will her overall power level. Potentially, she could become one of Earth's most powerful super humans.

When manifesting her powers, she is clad is lightweight but tough armor that is resistant to most injury. Coupled with a force field, only the strongest of attacks can pierce her defenses. When in armor, Star Knight can survive in most environments and fly at impressive speeds.

Description: Ameiko is a petite Asian woman with a slender but athletic. Her most distinguishing feature is a mane of very long, silky black hair that reaches mid-back. In general, her stunning features are graced with a smile and she has a cute habit of twitching her nose when amused.

Her armor is light gold with blue highlights. Form-fitting, it appears to be made of interlocking gold scales. She has only a half-helmet that covers the back of her head and eyes. Typically Celestials Knight leaves her hair in a ponytail when in custom. A faint, blue nimbus also surrounds her when using her powers.

Notes on NPC's:

F.I.S.T. (Fascism International through Strife and Terrorism): terrorist group bent on world domination. In addition to more public displays, they work covertly to perpetuate war among countries to weaken them and create opportunities. Resources include agents, powered armor (with distinctive forearm vibroblades), and a super-powered cadre called the Claw.

Steel Dragon: Mysterious armored villain with a dragon motif. Main motivation appears to be Celestial Knight's death. Can fly, has super strength, and project powerful bursts of flame.

Star Thief: strange alien with momentum control powers. Enraged at Celestial Knight for halting his efforts to prevent the Earth from reaching the stars.

Matt Wagner: another test pilot at Flight Unlimited who taunts Ameiko over losing her nerve. Seeks to have her fired because she had originally supplanted him as the best pilot of the testing program.

"Lady Silver looks good. My only quibble is the three martial arts manuvers. They don't seem to fit the character, and seem unneccessary. I would drop them and add a couple of CSLs, maybe one all combat and one more with your mystical powers.

John Spencer"

Here I am asking for comments and I don't answer them. How rude. Sorry!

To answer your question, I liked the martial arts to give her a little balance and diversity. In case she lost her magic powers, Lady Silver would have something else to fall back on... assuming that she wasn't able to talk her way out of it given her PRE skills. Also, especially in Marvel, some of the wizards like Strange seem to know martial arts so it seemed appropriate to give her a sense of the physical but also spiritual that comes from profiency in the more esoteric martial arts.

That said, it's quite possible that her upbringing may not have focused too much on the physical but she could pick it up later under a tutor. Certainly, she could use the CSL with her magic. I'll give it some thought, thanks.

:)