cost of a Hostile DNPC

altamaros

Question

A consideration came to me after the "DNPC tricks" thread

I was wondering how many points you could add to the cost of a "hostile" DNPC.

I mean that the PC needs to protect someone obviously and actively hostile to him (in the PC's most common ID).

It can be used to simulate a child, orphan by PC's fault, taken in custody by him, as an example.

In my case; i got a PC who became immortal (completly, with resurrection) when a strange girl somehow absorbed his soul inside her ( a la 3x3 eyes ). If this girl dies, the PC will die instantly (his resurrection weakness) so the PC has to protect her (so: DNPC). But she feels she's done a mistake and she's trying to "mortal" him back (which he doesn't want!). the player is claiming (rightfully, i think) that he should get more points for a hostile DNPC.

So how much points, mr Long ?

D.

1 answer to this question

I wouldn't necessarily change the value of the Disadvantage for that -- I'd leave it to the GM to decide, based on his evaluation of whether it restricts the PC more than the usual type of DNPC. At most, I'd probably allow +5 Character Points for a "hostile" DNPC, similar to the +5 for the DNPC not knowing a character's Secret Identity.