2 questions

steph

i want to make two spells but i am lost with certain rules.....first i want to make a protection spell on a magic scroll it a energie blast with trigger ( when the scroll is touched by others) but i want to know when it happen!!! like a alarm spell in my ears....

how???

second i want to make a kind of counter spell with dispel my question is can i use dispell with the abort rule .....like roll a dice for know what the ennemies gonna cast and in abort cast my counter spell ....how to built this kind of spell......

and of course guys excuse my english again and again

stef the french canadian

Re: 2 questions

The 1st one is a compound power with 3 parts.

1) RKA, EB, Drain w Range, whatever attack you want., Requires Light, OAF Fragile (Scroll), Incantations, etc. This is the normal use of the scroll.

2) EB, Explosion, Trigger: Tampered With By Other Than Bearer (+1/4), Trigger: Destroyed (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), NCC (Can Set But Not Activate; -1). This will get rid of the Scroll.

3) Mind Link: One Mind (Bearer of Scroll), No LOS Needed, Trigger: Self Desctruct Occurs (+1/4), Instant. This will tell you about the scroll self destructing.

The 2nd Spell is much easier, just build a Dispel on a Self Resetting Trigger vs Incoming Hostile Spells and link a Detect Incoming Hostile Spell to it.

... can i use dispell with the abort rule ...

Short Answer: You can use it with abort, as long as you use it defensively.

Longer Answer: The GM can allow any power to be used on an abort, if he thinks it's being used defensively. Ask the GM if it's okay.

The advantage of the Triggered Dispel is that it doesnt take an action to use it, and it will protect you on a Phase that you've already gone in.

Of course, the cost of the Self Reseting Trigger will essentially double the cost of the power, but its worth the price generally, IME

A Magic User has few better friends than Trigger :D

Re: thank to killer shrike

i make my cercle of protection (dispel with incoming hostile spells trigger) and the spell save my life twice.....i like the idea of a defensive mage

merci beaucoup!

stef the french canadian