Building Dementors

SuperBlue

Okay, I had an idea for an underworld agent for Takofanes in my Champs game. Basically the creature is a Shade from the Underworld, and has powers like the Dementors from Harry Potter.

The Dementor's power is the ability to generate Mind-Numbing Fear in those around them, so I figured on using Mental Paralysis to create this effect. Aside from the Entangle Based on ECV, what would the following disadvantage be worth:

Can be negated with Successful PRE Roll

Cuz basically the Powers are built as such:

40 Fearful Aura Elemental Control 40 Points

20 Mental Paralysis Entangle 2d6. Based on ECV (+1), Takes no Damage from Attacks (+1/4), Works against EGO not STR (+1/4), AoE (8" Radius +1), Reduced END (0 END; +1/2), Persistant (+1/2), Always On (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Paralysis Only Lasts while in Range of Effect (-1)

43 Chill of Fear Change Environment 16" - Reduced Temperature to -3 on Temperature Chart, Long Lasting (Plants wither and die), Reduced END (0 END; +1/2), Persistant (+1/2), Always On (-1/2), No Range (-1/2)

30 Fear of Shadows Change Environment 16" - Reduce PER to Sight group by 5 Points, Reduced END (0 END; +1/2), Persistant (+1/2), Always On (-1/2), No Range (-1/2)

But would Ego Drain leave someone unable to do take any action?

Probably only if they're low enough on EGO; I'd have to check the rules for that. But were they completely unable to take any action after the first Dementor hit? I seem to recall it took several Dementors flying by, and even then Harry and Sirius were struggling to do something.

~5d6 EGO Drain is likely to take out any Normal, and be a severe threat to Heroic or Superheroic characters. Several hits of that in succession, and the target is going to be at 0 EGO after a few Phases.