Monster for rewiew: Wailing Rotter!

L. Marcus

Rob was heading home after a gruelling day at the kiln. The blacksmith took his leasure, having no hurries since the evenmeal wasn't until the sun touched the hills to the east, and that was a while away.

He had sight of his house when he suddenly smelt a heavy, cloying odour, the smell of flesh in decay. He stopped, looking about the path into the bracken beyond the ditch, to see if he could spot the source of the stench.

A wailing arose from the dead undergrowth: "Oh no! Not him! Please, not him! Please! No!"

A shape leapt up and charged at Rob, an human shape with gleaming, white eyes and dripping fangs; bloated, wormstung features and a constant gibbering: "No! Not Rob! Not him!"

The rotting stench rolled over the petrified Rob Smith, quickly followed by two great hands around his neck. The last thought through his mind, while his life was choked out of him, while the voice of the Rotter rose to a heartbreaking wail, was "Hans . . . My brother . . ."

This is an undead for my Undermount campaign, and I just want some opinions on the critter. Good? Bad? Ugly? Prob'ly most of the last, eh? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Monster for rewiew: Wailing Rotter!

Jeez, I thought this one had gone to sleep permanently . . . !

Thanks, Trench! I'd give you rep, but I think I gave you some already today . . . You've been away for a while? It'd be fun to see more of you; we need all the scandinavians we can get on the NGD . . . :)

Re: Monster for rewiew: Wailing Rotter!

Yup, but there's only one or three that hang in the NGD . . .

Nice rant, by the way! I don't read much superhero comics, so I haven't had the opportunity to get that aggravated by the sameness of the genre lately. But I do appreciate your feelings on the matter! :)