Newbie Question re: Champs Universe

EvilSpock

As mentioned elsewhere, I picked up a copy of the 4th Ed. rules at my FLGS. As I am reading the rules (whew) and scanning message boards, I am wondering where the "fluff" for the setting is located. The campaign setting and sourcebook that are included in the edition I have seem to have more characters and adventures and less on what the world looks like and info about the various factions (other than VIPER). Where is this info?

The best analogy I can give is related to D&D: It seems I have the Players Handbook, DMG, and Monster Manual...which product contains the Forgotten Realms or Greyhawk material?

It seems like I am missing something when I read others posts about the Setting...

Re: Newbie Question re: Champs Universe

Well, a lot of folks alter the official universe to their campaign, or make one from scratch so perhaps the fluff gets less discussion but it is there. There have been threads on the registration act, the Champions team members, etc.

Champions Universe 5th Edition tells you more about the history of the setting, and touches on superhumans and how they interact with the government, Media, etc.

For a more specific city setting, there's Millennium City the city of the Future. Some think it's a bit too utopian, but hey, it has a talking gorilla scientist and that should count for something :)

Myself, I like the book San Angelo: City of Heroes, and I've placed that city into the Champions universe, and then set my game there. The only problem with this is that according to the official Champions literature, 90% of the worlds supers operate out of Millenium City (well, I might be exaggerating a bit), meaning that I either have to move characters, disrupting established relationships, or just not use most of the official characters. On the whole, though, San Angelo is an excellent setting.

Zeropoint

Thanks for the replys. I have gotten a better feel for the setting after more reading and will try to find some supplements. My area (NW Ohio) does not seem to have many Champs players...thus not much in the way of materials. Most of his stuff is Fantasy Hero. Ah well.

Welcome. Another city supplement is due out in the next few months (I think the schedule lists it as December, though I hope it gets out sooner) It's Vibora Bay and it's supposed to be as mystical in feel as Millennium City is high tech.