Need help!

DarkClaw

I just bought all the Star Hero books and I like what I see, so far. I know that standard characters are built at the heroic level and thats ok. What I want to know is how much credits do the characters start with? Do I just make up an amount that I think is good? Is there something for the type of characters that are played (Military, police etc)? What about the characters starting equipment since you don't use (or at least don't have to) CP points for equipment what are some of the guidelines you use for this? Ant help would be great. Thanks.

Re: Need help!

The Terran Empire is a complete setting with most of the decisions regarding porfessions, income, factions and such having been made by you, if you are finding it dificult to figure out all the other stuff perhaps you could spring the money to get it too, if like me you are short of cash, you can always read a lot on the forums till you figure out how things are done.

regarding your question, i dont have the Star Hero book but i am sure it includes standard package deals for the more common "classess", figuring out the starting income shoud be a decision you makeas a GM.

Just my US$0.0004 ( sorry the exchange rate eated most of it )

Re: Need help!

The answers to most of your questions, DC, really depend on the campaign. A merchant group would have different resources than a squad of TES explorers or TDSF agents. Mostly you can just make up an amount that sounds good to you, based on the economic discussions in TE and SH and on what a similar person in modern-day society would have available.