Ice Cage Want

This is a plot device for my game. It is meant to trap a player and a second individual inside a frozen a frozen ice "burst". Only one of my players has a Secret ID and has not revealed it yet to the team. While MJ is a part of the team in her own way, the party doesn't know yet she is also the Superhero in the team that conviently shows up. I figured, I would set up a situation that would capture Reptile and MJ in a situation they can't get away from. The easiest solution out of this device is if MJ changes form and teleports outside the Force Wall. Then she could easily break it and let Reptile out.

How does the write-up look?

Wand of Ice Cage

29 Real: Ice Cage: Force Wall (15 PD / 15 ED), Opaque(Smell/Taste), Backlash(+1/2), Nonresistant Outside(-1/4), Independent(-2), OAF(-1), Restricted Shape (6 Hex-Side Cone; -1/4) [130 Active]

15 Real: Wand Power SourceEND Reserve(500 END, 10 REC), Independent(-2), OAF(-1) [60 Active]

Re: Ice Cage Want

Hmm... what advantage do you see in using Force Wall instead of Entangle? With the Active Points you're talking about, you could just as easily afford a really big Entangle that will stay without attention as long as you want (that could be a factor if your PC has to make up her mind about whether to reveal her Secret ID). With the "Entangle Has 1 BODY" Limitation it would be just as fragile as Force Wall, and all the other Advantages you want could still apply.

In either case, you'll have to find a way for the players to realize that the Ice Cage is more vulnerable from outside than within - it doesn't seem to me to be obvious from the SFX you describe.

BTW are you sure your player is receptive to having this action forced on her character?

Let me try this again...

Long Story Short:

I rolled everyone's hunted on Saturday. Rather than hit with everything at once, I decided to make my next game address one of the hunteds. Three players share 1 hunted, two players share another. Last week, the three players who have one hunted were "noticed" and the hunted began to take effect.

The Greek and Hermes' hunted began the second they were covered on the news publicly. The hunted is acting for the first time next week. The hunted wants The Greek dead first however, because she knows that Hermes has Amnesia and can be addressed later.

The team consists of Kaleidoscope(MJ), The Greek, Hermes, Voltage, and Reptile.

Kaleidoscope is only there when something is going on and usually because MJ was there when plans were discussed. I'm going to run a session at the Greek Festivle in celebration of the Olympic games in Athens. Everyone is Public ID except for Kaleidoscope who is Secret ID.

The session will involve three witches sent in to take out The Greek. One of them will use the wand above to disable one of the players with the old "I wouldn't try to break out if I were you! Attacks inside that cage bounce back and you might kill that poor little innocent next to you!" The crown and the witch leave the two of them alone.

Second witch takes on Voltage or Reptile, depending on who is caught inside the cage.

An illusion of the third witch informs Hermes that a bomb has been placed in one of the buildings and it will detonate in exactly five minutes. It is powerful enough to level the entire block.

The first and third witch then teleport in (probably within site of the cage) to take on The Greek.

I don't want to force MJ to expose herself, but I want to encourage it. The player likes to create characters with these secrets. It would be a good character development (and help me understand the character). She could do nothing, she could expose her ID to the person trapped with her, or find some way to resolve the situation without revealing her identity. She could, for example, get the other person facing away, change forms and create her darkness field... then teleport outside.

My players are a smart bunch.

I don't understand though the perk of using an Entangle over a Force Wall however.

Thanks for the clarification, Rodential One. :thumbup:

I don't understand though the perk of using an Entangle over a Force Wall however.

Purely logistical, based on how you want the scenario to proceed. An Entangle requires no further attention from the character using it. The Force Wall as you've designed it will collapse if its wielder is Stunned or Knocked Out, or if the wand that creates it is wrested from its wielder. That would curtail the need for MJ to decide whether to change or not. Certainly buying the FW Persistant would eliminate the first possibility, and there are ways to minimize the chance of the second. Like you said, though, your players are a smart bunch. :eg: