Combining Powers

MistWing

Question

Sorry if this hasn't been asked before.

I am trying to build a compound power... an 'Ultimate Entangle'. The idea being an entangle that resists virtually every attempt to escape from it or be freed from it. If successful, my victim will be entrapped for a considerable time, so I want to add a Transform power to the Entangle, giving her full Life Support if she doesn't already have it. To make this work efficiently, I want to combine these two powers into one power, which would look something like this:

Sub-Power 1 - Entangle * advantages / limitations

Sub-Power 2 - Transform * advantages / limitations

Power - (Sub-Power 1 + Sub-Power 2) * advantages / limitations

My question is: How would I determine the range? Is the range based on the active points of the final power? Is it based on the range of the Transform (the smaller power)? Does it have two ranges, one for the Entangle part and one for the Transform part? Should I make both Sub-Powers 0 range and apply the Ranged advantage to the final power?

Any help would be appreciated. Also, any ideas to further my goal of the Ultimate Entangle would also be appreciated.

Thanks

MistWing SilverTail

1 answer to this question

From the Rules FAQ:

Q: If a character has Linked two Ranged powers together, but one has a shorter range than the other, what’s the range of the power? For example, if a character has an EB 8d6 Linked to a Flash 4d6, what’s the power’s range?

A: For fairness and ease of game play, consider the overall power to have the same range as the greater power (i.e., the power without the Linked Limitation, in most cases), with one exception: Line Of Sight powers, such as Mental Powers. The Line Of Sight Advantage must be bought for powers Linked to powers that have an LOS range that aren’t already LOS themselves.

Re: ideas, how about posting a copy of this to "HERO System Discussion"? Herodom Assembled will undoubtedly have lots of ideas for you. ;)