Idea for Regeneration

wylodmayer

Here's an idea I came up with for a type of Regeneration that robots and other technological characters might have. With some changes it could be applied to other character types as well (for instance, fairies might be resurrected by applause...).

Regeneration 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (79 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Day, Character May Take No Other Actions, -4 1/4), No Conscious Control (Power only activates when an outside party who meets the necessary requirements chooses to activate it; -2), OIF Immobile (Robotics Laboratory; -1 1/2), Self Only (-1/2), Crew-Served (2 people; Requires technicians; -1/4), Requires A SS: Robotics Roll (-1/2)

The whole thing works out to a very small expenditure, despite the high active points, so it wouldn't be a burden, by any stretch of the imagination. Depending on the GM's perrogative, one might add in Cannot Heal Certain Types of Damage, limiting the healing to things that the technologists might reasonably be able to address. The Persisitent is necessary to allow the power to be activated without the character being conscious (or even alive!), and the Inherent is necessary because the power is not really a power so much as a property of the character's nature. The Extra Time could easily be reduced to 6 hours or even 1 hour without a significant increase in Real Cost. Likewise, the Crew Served could be eliminated without too much expenditure.

Re: Idea for Regeneration

Actually, whether or not the Persistant advantage needed to be added would be up to your GM.

Normal Regen that's bought with Resurrection doesn't, if I recall correctly (feel free to correct me), doesn't require the Persistant modifier.

Basically, the way I see that power working, sans Persistant, is this way:

The character get's greased in a fire-fight, re-entry, whatever. As long as the other limitations are unmet, he's so much dead weight. However, as soon as the other PC's/NPC's manage to get it so that all the conditions are met, the character can start to "revive".

Re: Idea for Regeneration

I believe Regeneration does not need Persistant if it's bought with the "Resurrection Only" Limitation, not just Resurrection alone.

Regen bought with Resurection and Persistent both heals you and raises you should you die.

Regen with Res.Only just raises you once dead, and that's the one that doesn't need Persistant.