Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Michael Hopcroft

The newest Ghost in the Shell theatrical film is playing in portland for one week. It pcisk up where the first film left off, but beyond that i know little of the plot.

What I'm wondering is this -- if anyone sees this film, whioll they see significiant RPG possibilities in it, especially since the verison of Nakoto kusanagi that is seen in the new film is far different from the one we're used to?

Re: Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

I have seen the movie twice now :P

Lucky timing with me having to go to the DC area.

The genre has a great potential for gaming, though the GM best be prepared to make a strong psychological set of plots to keep the atmosphere (plus the PCs ready to roleplay such things) or else it is basically just a futuristic CSI...

-Heroman

Re: Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

The film was in theaters here for all of about, ohh, 14.2 seconds, thanks to the paranoiacally-fearful-of-foreign-competition nature of the American movie industry. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'd definitely use it (the first one, at least) as inspiration for a campaign.

John T