[Campaign Setting] Lomyr - a nation in Fahla

arcady

Fahla is the fantasy setting I work with. I've been developing it out in my fiction and then translating it over to gaming.

Originally I started working on it in 2000 as an attempt to get my ideas to work for DnD, but that failed when I found I could not 'think the DnD way.' So I bought me a pre-built setting and went with that for DnD. Last year I began writing fiction, and when that started to get well received I thought about trying fantasy.

Which meant I needed a place to set that fantasy, so Fahla was reborn, but now divorced from any need to be something DnD could handle.

I sill need something like a good 'paragraph intro' for the world as a whole, and likewise for the nation of Lomyr.

At the moment, I need to get Lomyr ironed out, figure out how religion works there, and find problems and inconsistencies in what I have.

Things that are off the table:

There will be no 'DnD races.'

The theme under which magic operates is set in stone, already incorporated into a 'published' story.

Here is what I have for Lomyr:

http://home.pacbell.net/arcady0/fahla/Lomyr/Lomyr_intro.html

Other links under the Lomyr menu are at the same stage of development as that one.

The religion link does not work - I'll post that piece when I have something viable.

Some of the gods are named in the calendar, those names are going to be replaced with something fitting what I've described for the language, and given better themes (and suggestions are welcome).

The menu above the Lomyr menu is mostly 'noise' - ideas I jotted down for development, or attempts to work an RPG into the setting (rather than my old effort of working the setting into an RPG).

Any thoughts?

The fiction is here:

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/libr/b/r/brianfw2/

(Save that "First Object" is just a short poem not connected to this or anything else - the rest is based around this setting).

Re: [Campaign Setting] Lomyr - a nation in Fahla

Trying to decide if there is too much land or not.

[see attached image]

Thoughts anyone?

Lastly, why might the little area in the red box that is roughly over where Saudi Arabia is in our world might have better access to the oceans and the land that is between where Africa and South America lie than any kingdoms located to it's west on it's same continent.

Failing a suitable reason, I might stretch a peninsula off some other part of that continent and do some rewrites. :)

I got the Earth part of the map from here:

http://www.evl.uic.edu/pape/data/Earth/