Character for review-Kitsuen

JmOz

This is for one of my players, a MA Fox like Extra Terestial Martial Artist. The martial art is basicaly Akito

The character will be being put into a group of semi expereinced characters, thus he is a little high on his points, this will have to be paid off with XP before any other abilities can (Or maybe 50%/50%)

Kitsuen

Player:

Val Char Cost
20 STR 10
35 DEX 75
20 CON 20
10 BODY 0
18 INT 8
15 EGO 10
20 PRE 10
20 COM 5
5/10 PD 1
5/10 ED 1
7 SPD 25
8 REC 0
40 END 0
30 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM04" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 165

Cost Power END
15 Lucky Guy: Luck 3d6
5 Nightvision
5 See Magic: Detect: Magic A Class Of Things 13-
10 Suit of Armor: Armor (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
17 Artful Dodger: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Combat Luck Based (-3/4)
17 Artful Dodger: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Combat Luck Based (-3/4)
5 Compass: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Any Dimension, Any Location), x8 Increased Weight (60 Active Points); Extra Time 1 Hour (-3), Character May Take No Other Actions (-1/4), Increased Endurance Cost 5x END (-2), Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (-3/4), Requires both hands (-1/4), OAF (-1), Concentration 0 DCV, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (-1), Incantations, Requires Incantations throughout (-1/2), Side Effects (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2) 30
15 Piper Multipower: Multipower, 30-point reserve, all slots: (30 Active Points); OAF (-1)
1u 1) Club Attack: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (30 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)
1u 2) Poison Gas: Drain 1d6, 2 Clips of 4 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Minute each (+0), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Sticky Standard (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (30 Active Points)
1u 3) Smoke Cloud: Darkness to Sight Group and Normal Smell 2" radius, 2 Clips of 4 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Minute each (+0), Personal Immunity (+1/4) (29 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)
1u 4) Blinding Smoke: Flash 5d6 (Sight Group), Additional Sense Group: Smell/Taste Group, 2 Clips of 12 Charges (+0) (30 Active Points)
1u 5) Mists of Disguise: Shapeshift (Sight Group; Additional Sense Group: Hearing Group, Additional Sense Group: Smell/Taste Group, Additional Sense Group: Touch Group, Variety of Shapes: Limited Group of Shapes), 2 Clips of 1 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Hour each (+0) (29 Active Points)
Powers Cost: 94

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
4 Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
3 Hold: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, +30 STR for holding on
5 Joint Break: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -2 DCV, Grab One Limb; HKA 1d6 +1, Disable
4 Joint Lock/Throw: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 3d6 NND; Target Falls
5 Block: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort
5 Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, STR +4d6 Strike
3 Takedown: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, STR +5d6 Strike, Target Falls
3 Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +4d6 +v/5, Target Falls
16 +4 HTH Damage Class(es)
1 Weapon Element: Clubs
Martial Arts Cost: 49

Cost Skill
3 Acrobatics 16-
3 Breakfall 16-
3 Concealment 13-
3 Contortionist 16-
3 Conversation 13-
2 Navigation (Dimensional) 13-
3 Paramedics 13-
3 Magic (INT-based) 13-
3 Seduction 13-
3 Sleight Of Hand 16-
3 Stealth 16-
3 Linguist
1 1) Language: English (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 2) Language: Undecided (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 3) Language: Undecided (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 4) Language: Undecided (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 5) Language: Undecided (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 6) Language: Undecided (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 7) Language: Undecided (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
3 Scholar
2 1) KS (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 2) KS (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
2 3) KS (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 13-
1 4) KS (2 Active Points) 11-
Skills Cost: 52

Total Character Cost: 360

Val Disadvantages
10 XP Dept
5 Distinctive Features: Magical (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
0 Distinctive Features: Two Tailed Humanoid Fox (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
25 Hunted: 14- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)
25 Hunted: 14- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)
15 Psychological Limitation: Curious (Common; Strong)
10 Social Limitation: Non-person (Occasionally; Major)
15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently; Major)
15 Susceptibility: Iron 2d6 damage, per Turn (Uncommon)
20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Iron (Common)
20 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Iron (Common)

Disadvantage Points: 160

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Re: Character for review-Kitsuen

Hmm. Lessee here now ...

10 defenses are a bad start ... even with the Damage Redux kicking in, he'll probably be taking BODY from every attack. (12d6 attack=12 Body, -10 Defenses=2 Body, 50% reduction=1 Body. Killing Attacks will be much worse). Admittedly, he's darn hard to hit, but still ... even a 2d6 Killing Attack with Area Effect will do a couple of BODY damage past defenses.

Is the character's name supposed to be 'Kitsuen', or are you misspelling 'Kitsune'?

No extra movement that I can see ... really hampers a martial artist. He should at least have some Wire Fu Leaping based on Acrobatics. :)

In the multipower: What's the Poison Gas drain?

On a non-mechanical note, my usual techniques for introing new characters into an extant group is to build the new character on standard base points (whatever they may be ... 200+150 for standard 5E superhero), then give the character XP equal to half the lowest amount possessed by any of the other PCs. But that's my technique, Your Mileage May Vary.

Yeah, I'd agree with Crosshair, you'd need more movement to get him around the field in combat and adding some Combat Luck to his already luck-based Damage Reduction seems like a pretty good idea to bring his defenses up far enough to avoid being a walking bruise after any given fight as DCV 12 is great but not out of the range of most attackers.

Also, just out of curiosity, what's the pipe look like? I have this weird mental image of a 4 ft length of steel tubing with holes down the length for some reason.

Yes he spelled the name wrong. He does such things alot, he's got a high level of hunted by the typo ninjas.

Actually the pipe is the kind you smoke man not the kind you play. I'd say more gold look to it. Jeweled with light decorative pattern and a constant plume of grey smoke.

To tell the truth it's not just getting hit, if I get hit by iron I'm really going to be screwed. I'm unsure where the idea for that disad came from.

Yes he spelled the name wrong. He does such things alot, he's got a high level of hunted by the typo ninjas.

Actually the pipe is the kind you smoke man not the kind you play. I'd say more gold look to it. Jeweled with light decorative pattern and a constant plume of grey smoke.

To tell the truth it's not just getting hit, if I get hit by iron I'm really going to be screwed. I'm unsure where the idea for that disad came from.

While the typo ninja's do strike me a lot, I copied and Pasted the name from your E-Mail, I chose the second one BTW...

Ah, so you can kabong people with your bong, got it. I'm sure many criminals will be oddly pleased to be bludgeoned by something valuable. :)

You may have been thinking of the kitsune as a fey creature. In that case the vulnerabilities to iron makes perfect sense as a general anathema to supernatural creatures such as your fox spirit.